Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where one of those slicers is going... I'm diggin the full scale on the riggers too! Pretty awesome!

-X

Woke up to a dusting, Rolf. Maybe half an inch? There's nothing on the roads. It is cold out though.

Looks like I'll be flying out your way next week, X. Staying in the city Tuesday, then photoshoot in Sunnyvale on Wed. Doesn't look like I'll have much down time though.

Hey Liam, sounds like fun! Sunnyvale is a ways from here, a couple hours drive. Hit me up if you get some free time, hopefully we can meet up! Where are you staying in the city? I know you like street shooting and an excellent area with lots of interesting folks and not much tourist traffic is the Tenderloin district. Start at Market and Turk which is across the street from Bloomingdales and right in the middle of the city.

Anyways, if you need/want some ideas for stuff to do, places to eat, let me know!

It's raining like hell here now!

Saw something cool today, went out and ran some errands this morning and when coming home, made my turn into my driveway and in the big puddle at the bottom of my drive (I have a raised lot) is a Gosshawk taking a bath! I was driving and couldn't get a picture, he flew off and didn't come back. Would have loved to get some shots of him!

-X

Ah - Looked like only about 80 miles or so on the map - but I don't know what traffic around there is like.

I don't know where in the city I'm staying yet. We'll be there with a client, and our CEO as well as a project manager - so I expect I'll be tied to them food and location wise. I'm hoping I'll get a little time Tuesday evening to walk around and take pictures though. I'll look up the Tenderloin district.

It is only 80 miles, but Sunnyvale is a solid two hours drive, with typical traffic. Add rain or commute and it gets worse. Off hours and days it's only about an hour-twenty. Funny, when I lived in the city, I had friends who lived less than 20 miles away and it was a 2 hour commute for them on all the big arterial freeways!

Bloomingdales is the City Center (mall) right on market. Market Street cuts the city in half diagonally. All Muni trains/trams/streetcars go to Embarcadero (water front with the Ferry building) so if you get lost, that's a good way to get to a central spot for pick up, lol. SoMa (South of Market) is mostly industrial and businesses, Pier 39 and areas is tourist trap but with good views of the Golden Gate. Haight/Ashbury is the hippie hangout, Golden gate Park is HUGE, bigger than Central Park in NY. Tenderloin is the "low rent" district but is adjacent to premier Nob Hill, so the in between areas are still somewhat nice. It's called the Tender Knob, unofficially, lol! Oh, and cold there is in the high 40's.

Anyways, that should get you around pretty well, lol! It's my favorite city in the world, Chicago is a close second but only because it's cold as hell there! I don't do well in the cold...

Well, I have a camera I need to repair, then hopefully a test roll of film!

-X

Good afternoon DFKer's.
Like X said, it is a rainy day in ol' Stockton town today.
Liam, I do hope you get some free time and we get a chance to hang out for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back