• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chef SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I make my chef knives from high carbon steel (this one is from 1095) because they hold a good edge, are easy to sharpen and in my opinion they just slice better than some other steels. I have rounded the top of the blade because some folks like to choke up past the handle with their thumb and forefinger laying over the spine. Total length of this knife is 11 1/2 inches, with a 6 3/4 inch blade and the depth is 1 7/8 inches which works well to scoop up the food after is is chopped. The blade is about 1/8 inch thick at the forefinger and tapers to the tip, butt and edge which is flat ground with a slight convex shape which helps keep food from sticking to the blade. There is a slight belly on the edge of the blade for a rocking motion when slicing and it will work well for chopping too.
The handle material is professionally stabilized figured maple . It is dishwater safe but never in the dishwasher or any knife for that matter!

SOLD delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

IMG_8920 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8916 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8921 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back