Chew

Larry Chew Spitfire, Devin Thomas Damascus, Mokume Bolsters, Ironwood handle.:)

Phillip

Picture441.jpg

Picture443.jpg

WOW That is beautiful. The ironwood with the mokume really pops. Great pocket clip. Great pic too. Thanks for posting. What exactly is Mokume anyhow? Anyone know? ec

The way I understand it, Mokume is a blend of metals like nickel, copper and brass that have been heated up under pressure, then rolled out and made into what you see. I think it 's also done with fine metals like gold and silver,,,sorta like Damascus but no steel.
That explanation may be totally off base so feel free to correct me:D .

Phillip

Fantastic looking Chew.:eek: I think that is still my favorite design of Larry's.

That knife is in-freakin'-credible! Absolutely gorgeous! I have a Mini-Spitfire DA & a Slayer in Carbon Fiber that I had thought were pretty nice but that one of yours has given me an inferiority complex :mad: :D :D - NOT! It is definitly a step up - Larry makes such a sweet knife & his pivot system is so smooth - I hope you're going to use that a little at least - if you are at Blade this year I would love to get a look at the knife. Great acquisition!

Bill

Wow, that is FABULOUS , that is the first Larry Chew knife that I have seen with any mokume. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff Pelz

Back