Chinese Knife laws

(1) A single edged, double edged, or multi edged pointed knife with a handle, grid, and blood groove, and a blade angle of less than 60 degrees.
(2) Triple edged scraper: A machining tool with three blades.
(3) Switchblade with self-locking device (jumping knife): after the knife body is expanded or popped out, the self-locking folding knife can be fixed by the spring or latch in the handle.
(4) Other similar single edged, double edged, and triple edged sharp knives: various types of single edged, double edged, and multi edged knives with a blade angle less than 60 degrees and a blade length exceeding 150 millimeters.
(5) Other types of single, double, and multi blade knives with a tip angle greater than 60 degrees and a blade length exceeding 220 millimeters
(6)Blade angle: refers to the angle formed between the point on the blade and the back (or other side of the blade) that is 10 millimeters away from the apex of the blade and the apex of the blade.
(7)Blade (edge): Refers to the side of the blade used for cutting, chipping, or chopping. Generally, the thickness of the blade is less than 0.5 millimeters
(8)Knife grid (block): refers to the part of the knife used to isolate the handle from the blade.
131704311pxw.jpg

Gun/crossbow (strictly prohibited)

Last edited:
" a blade angle of less than 60 degrees"

The edge? Or point?
Knife tip angle: refers to the angle formed between a point on the blade and the blade back (or other side of the blade) at a distance of 10 millimeters from the tip vertex and the tip vertex
( The edge。)

那么,如果尖端是钝的并且只是没有手柄的刀片,那是好的吗?
All types of martial arts, crafts, gifts, and other cutting tools that have not been cut and have a chamfer radius R greater than 2.5 millimeters are not included in the category of controlled cutting tools

Knife tip angle: refers to the angle formed between a point on the blade and the blade back (or other side of the blade) at a distance of 10 millimeters from the tip vertex and the tip vertex
( The edge。)
Thanks. Any chance you could post a picture or diagram for us geometrically challenged individuals?

What is a geometrically challenged?I don't understand the meaning。
You can search on Wikipedia
I don't know how to upload pictures🤔
It means that based on your verbal description of the "less than 60 degrees...etc" I can not picture in my mind exactly what you are talking about.
It appears that when you wrote "blade angle" you really meant "tip angle".
However the term "tip angle" is not commonly used. "Angle" usually refers to the Edge Angle, the bevel.

Those wiki pages simply describe Chinese knife laws and repeat this "less than 60 degree tip angle".
They do not explain it or show a photo or diagram.

To post pictures you need to upload them to any free hosting site. And then use the5th icon from the right at the top of the posting box to put in the url to your picture.
Xie Xie.

这意味着根据你对“小于 60 度……等”的口头描述,我无法在脑海中准确地描绘出你在说什么。
看来,当您写“叶片角度”时,您实际上是指“尖端角度”。
然而,术语“尖端角”并不常用。“角度”通常是指Edge Angle,即斜角。

那些维基页面简单地描述了中国的刀法并重复了“小于 60 度的刀尖角”。
他们没有解释,也没有展示照片或图表。

要发布图片,您需要将它们上传到任何免费托管网站。然后使用邮箱顶部右侧的第 5 个图标将 url 输入您的图片。
谢邂。
R-1-2.jpg

Limited ability Some translations may be incorrect

R-1-2.jpg

Limited ability Some translations may be incorrect

The Edge Angle in the above refers to the angle made at the tip (vertex) between the spine and the blade.
This is the first time I have seen this kind of measurement for classifying knives.
Now I understand. Thank you very much.

This totally ruins my hope that everybody in China runs outside to fight with meat cleavers and daos in dramatic kung fu fights. :mad:

Back