Review Chinese Limited Edition handmade kitchen knives

Folks, let's be carefull to talk about the knives and not where we bought them.

I love this snippet - that is real knife-lover logic! "I have no room for more knives so I only ordered two."

I like a challenge like a narcissistic nymphomaniac daddies girl gold-digger types - toytown to me ; I`m used to girls that aren`t allowed into psychiatric institutions; only zoos.

Last edited:
Hey! Some of my sweetest ladies over the years, worked in zoos… One worked in the Elephant sanctuary . The greatest advice from her was, Never walk behind an Elephant! LOLZ

That's partly what I'm trying to explore with my testbed--but only with dual core.

My other damascus knives have a hard metal core--and acquire their "damascus" appearance in different ways--so it's almost impossible to separate out the "damascus" part for comparison. My Shun Fuji 8 1/2" with 161 layers has an irregular surface that tends to deter sticking--and the cutting performance with sg-2 is especially smooth. On the other hand, many of my fewer layered damascus with VG10 or AUS10 don't appear to have any advantage at all compared to mono steel.

I'd like to expand on my answer a bit. There are two versions of true "coreless" damascus: layered and wootz. Both of them continue to be explored, but "layered" is by far the most frequent. What KAI Shun did, was to make a production version that was both inexpensive enough to compete with mono steel knives, and provide a performance "bump." Sakai Takayuki has also recently partnered with Takefu and marketed a cost competitive product, using the same dual core steels as KAI Shun. Xinzuo/Hezhen is the first inexpensive production version of coreless with different dual core steels. However, there are limited production coreless knives with more interesting dual core steel starting at about twice the offering price of KAI Shun--with some as high as $2000 and $3000+.

Recently, in a store, I held a Chinese knife made in Japanese style in my hands. The damascus on this knife was drawn with a laser. The blade was marked VG-10. Price $18.

Recently, in a store, I held a Chinese knife made in Japanese style in my hands. The damascus on this knife was drawn with a laser. The blade was marked VG-10. Price $18.
No doubt. In the lowest price range, Chinese are the primary manufacturers--and sell wholesale to any marketeer/manipulator who makes his way to Ali Baba. It's rarely the manufacturer that misrepresents the product.

I paid about $120 for the 110 layer Xinzuo Chinese coreless knife I purchased through AliExpress to compare with a $250 KAI Shun dual core: both very beautiful, and comparable in performance in my informal comparison.

There are mass produced Chinese knives that one can buy for as little as $1--on up. There are also higher end Chinese made knives that cost quite a bit and perform competitively with the best production knives.

I totally concur D Dr. Rayeye Chinese manufacturing has come a long way especially in the last 5-10 years.Quality can be the best especially for OEM and ISO 9001 accredited factories.
Of course any big International online shopping portal will have a massive price and quality range.I have seen $14,000 dollar knives on aliexpress that were independently reviewed and tested.A lot of American and German knife makers use Chinese labour and in some cases employ quality German, Swedish , Japanese and American sourced steels to manufacture knives ; that is globalism for good and for bad.

I have also seen tangible evidence of Chinese knife steel tested in European, Japanese, British and North American laboratories that was more than satisfactory and exceeded or matched manufacturers claims.

I have also seen a proliferation of Chinese High-End and luxury goods that are for the domestic and foreign markets.Producers want a good reputation and continued customer satisfaction which undoubtedly leads to online and word of mouth recommendations that lead to increased sales and solid brand awareness.

I have family in China and Chinese business associates in my home city and they want to do vigorous trade and enhance reputations and brand awareness.

Back