Chip

I have a Blue Dresser, by far the smoothest opening knife I've ever seen. The blade grind and finish are without flaw. The handle is beautiful however while cleaning it I noticed what seemed liked a speck of something stuck to it. I used my fingernail to remove it and realized it was part of the finish.
eek.gif
. It's only around a sixteenth of an inch in diameter but it is white, and stands out with the contrasting of the colored handle. Any suggestions?
confused.gif

did you contact the company? Did you buy it as nib or did you get it from someone? If it was mine I would just hone it out very carefully.
Originally posted by Moree:
I have a Blue Dresser, by far the smoothest opening knife I've ever seen. The blade grind and finish are without flaw. The handle is beautiful however while cleaning it I noticed what seemed liked a speck of something stuck to it. I used my fingernail to remove it and realized it was part of the finish.
eek.gif
. It's only around a sixteenth of an inch in diameter but it is white, and stands out with the contrasting of the colored handle. Any suggestions?
confused.gif

------------------
Ron

Muzzleup, Thanks for taking the time to comment. First, I thought by posting here I might get a response from someone at Tinives.
So then I forwarded this thread to them thru e-mail. I still haven't gotten any response.
I bought this from another forum member. There was a small flaw near the button release that isn't very noticable. Other than that it was NIB. I don't care if they charge me to fix it, I was trying to see what options there is to fix it. I don't know if it would hone or polish out. I'm not familiar with this material. It appears it is white under the colored finish. It seems it would just enlarge it if I tried to polish it out.
confused.gif

Hey
You can call Tinives toll free at 888-537-9991 and they will be more than happy to help you out. Scott and Debbie Self are good people and will go the extra mile to make the owners of their product happy. I am saving my money to by one of their tacticals.

------------------
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule the world is for good men to do nothing...Edmund Burke

Hey Royo,
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. Their "Tacticals" look awesome, I wouldn't mind getting one of those also!

Back