Chiruwa Ang Khola

My Ang Khola came in today. That was fast! It was one of those that rusted in customs, so it was on sale.
CAK16008.jpg

Some pitting, but nothing serious.
CAK16009.jpg

It had this sharp ring around the handle that felt uncomfortable to me, so I ground it smooth.
CAK16012.jpg

CAK16015.jpg

Then I brushed up the blade and sharpened it.
CAK16026.jpg

I think the handle came out nice, too.
CAK16035.jpg

CAK16033.jpg

CAK16036.jpg

I am quite pleased with it!
CAK16034.jpg

Last edited:
Another one to add to the "chop-off". :thumbup: Nice looking blade!

When I tweaked my HI chopper I sanded off the sharp points at the end of the handle (so now it is oval shaped) and took off the sharp point on the end of the scabbard. I don't mind the middle ring and it seems to help with my grip. Now it's a great user that devours wood. :D

Great work and nice pictures:thumbup:, thank you

Another one to add to the "chop-off". :thumbup: Nice looking blade!

When I tweaked my HI chopper I sanded off the sharp points at the end of the handle (so now it is oval shaped) and took off the sharp point on the end of the scabbard. I don't mind the middle ring and it seems to help with my grip. Now it's a great user that devours wood. :D

Yvsa has this contouring he did on one of mine that removed the sharp edges. It was really neat:thumbup:

Good looking blade HD! Is the tang somewhat tapered? Awesome.:D

Thank you, all. I had named my little back porch shop, Third World Grind Shop, but having seen some of the beautiful work that comes out of Nepal, like my Chitlangi, I see I have a long way to go to be as good as those kamis who work under under much more primitive conditions. I hope my little purchases can do some good there.
CAK16018-1.jpg

Looks good.When you gonna buy a big one? ;) . Looking forward to your review.
The characteristics can change faster than you might think as you go up in size. I've got a 20-inch/51-ounce YCS that's a beast, and it's not nearly my biggest. I also have a 25-inch Sirupati, a Falcata, and was fortunate enough to win the Bahirab raffle last November -- it's an absolute monster, as I recall it tipped the scales at 80-ounces.

Nice job customizing your khuk. I also put a wasp waist on my 18" chirua Handled WWII, and rounded off the pointy top edge of the pommel. Very comfortable. Lookin' good.

Mark

The one that currently works best for me a 20 1/2" sirupate,I can't seem to get anywhere chopping with the 16" and under khukuris. I do have a 25" sirupate that is a bit more than I can handle easily. Soon I'll have an M43 at 18" to test out,I hope for good things from it.

Looks good.When you gonna buy a big one? ;) . Looking forward to your review.

I have so much going on right now, it might be a few days. At this point, I'm really not looking for a bigger one, but you never know. :D

Back