Choices for vitrified/resin diamond bench stones

I know of the Venev and Naniwa products. Who else makes full-size stones like these? Any clear winners?

Not looking for metallic bonded, as I want them to behave like water stones and I don't want to deal with the caustic etching stuff. If Edge Pro made their resin stones in full size, I'd get those.

I know of the Venev and Naniwa products. Who else makes full-size stones like these? Any clear winners?

Not looking for metallic bonded, as I want them to behave like water stones and I don't want to deal with the caustic etching stuff. If Edge Pro made their resin stones in full size, I'd get those.

Japanese Knife Imports sells some under their house name, they are mfg in Japan.

In my opinion they are notably better than the Venev stones I have tried, I have no experience with the Naniwa.

Naniwa’s are great, as are Practical Sharpening’s, well worth their steep price, if you can afford them.

I have a full set of the Venev's and love them, along with a full set of DMT plates that I haven't used as often since getting the Venev stones. I've also been toying with the idea of picking up the set from JKI, but haven't pulled the trigger. I really wanted to get one of BBB's vitrified CBN stones but I missed out on his last batch. Hopefully BBB has another batch for sale in the near future and I can snag one of his amazing stones.

Back