1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Chosera 600 thoughts

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Darryl D.., Jul 29, 2019.

1. Darryl D..

Darryl D..

Jul 15, 2019
    Hey fellas I’m just wondering what’s you all thought about the 600 grit Chosera .... I Just ordered it and t be honest I’m having reservations on sending it back as soon as it gets here. I bought without doing any research.. any thoughts good or bad would be greatly appreciated .... cheers all!!!

2. wvdavidr

wvdavidr

Mar 21, 2007
    That's my favorite Chosera! I like the feedback and aggressiveness. You can take metal off and produce a sharp edge if you are good!

3. Darryl D..

Darryl D..

Jul 15, 2019
    Does it load up real easy tho?.. I read it’s the softest stone in the Chosera/ professional line and it produces a a crazy amount of mud

4. Craig James

Craig James

Oct 30, 2018
    I’ve just bought the 800 and I’m soooo pleased with it. Splash and go and hogs off metal at an unbelievable rate for the grit.

I’ve never used the 600, but from my research the 800 is a superior stone with similar cutting speed

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  5. wade7575

wade7575

Apr 3, 2013
    If you sharpen over sink or something that can catch extra water just grab a handful of water and rinse it off.
    If you end up sending it back look at the Sigma Power Select 2 stones they have a really good name and I know in Canada Lee Valley Tools has them and you may want to look for them.
    I have the Sigma Power 2's in the the 6 10 and 13K grit's and I really like them and they perform great.

6. Darryl D..

Darryl D..

Jul 15, 2019
    Cool thanks man I’m gonna look into those

7. Darryl D..

Darryl D..

Jul 15, 2019

I was thinking on going with the 800 1st but thought that might not be coarse enough .. and thought 400 be to much

8. Craig James

Craig James

Oct 30, 2018
    It’s sort of displaced my coarse dmt - I’m also thinking of getting the 3000

9. Jason B.

Jason B. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 13, 2007
    Send it back and get the 400, much much better stone.

10. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I have all the Chosera stones from 400 grit to 1K and the 600 is an excellent stone but it is the one i use the least.

It may be silly but I don’t use it much is because of the dark color and on light color stones I can see the angle better.
    It cuts well and feels great but given the choice I usually grab the 400 or 800 depending on situation.

Darryl D.. likes this.