Chris Reeve Cordura Pouch

Well, this is what I ordered yesterday from the CR shop. Those leather pouches looked really great, however the cordura factory pouch was only $10.50+$1.00 S&H.
I also like the fact that (I assume) cordura nylon is lighter and I liked the buttoned down flap. No dumba$$'s can come up and pull the lanyard. (Oh, they think this is such a GREAT joke!) Anybody else have one and do you like it? I was told that I could carry with the pocket clip still attached.

Thanks,
Will

Will:
People snatch your Sebenza out of your pocket? That doesn't sound too funny to me. Do you keep it your front pocket? I think if someone tried to take mine they would asking for some big trouble. Anyway, I have several of the cordura sheaths and they are fine. I use them mostly to protect them in my knife drawer. They have a snap closure (but the tail of the lanyard does stick out a bit) and the belt loop in back should make for easy and secure carry. I like mine (Sebenza or any knife that I happen to be carrying) to be instantly available so I opt for the in pocket carry.

Scott,
You know how it is. Some dummy thinks it would be funny to snatch out your pocket knife when he sees the lanyard, play like he's a pick pocket. Big joke. Knows nothing regarding the cost or the affection you feel for a great pocket knife. Probably carries a "flea-market" special. Couldn't make it sharp if he was Chris Reeve himself. You must have encountered guys like that. It's only happened to me a couple of times. Made me REALLY ANGRY. You just have to "put a lid on it" when you run into a dumba$$. (Until it's legal to shoot dumba$$'s.
smile.gif
)

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the
system we live in.

Maybe we can get CRK to make an optional clip available for cases like yours...with a mousetrap built in.
wink.gif

--Bob Q

Will:
I work in a hospital and keep my Sebenza in my scrub top pen pocket and cover it over with my lab coat. I had a supervisor that needed a pen reach for it. When he felt that it was a knife, he pulled back like he was bit by a snake. I guess the we live in different situations. Off the job no one gets close enough to snatch my Seb, even at Disneyland. But then again, I'm 43 years old and I have a feeling that you are younger. I wouldn't shoot the person but I have about ten years of martial arts and I have good reflexes and a good grip. I did have a nurse that tried to hit me in the stomach. I blocked a couple blows and she decided to leave me alone. Most of my co-workers know that I carry knives and they know to leave me be.

Scott,
Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not younger than you. I'm retired, 50 years old, a knife collector, recreational pilot, traveler, and target shooter. I guess that about sums it up.

Will

[This message has been edited by Will.223 (edited 05-17-2001).]

The cordura pouch works great for me - i prefer it attached to my belt so at first glance it it looks like some sort of cell phone holder that just about everybody has. No "XXX KNIVES" in big letters to draw attention too.

I haven't had a knife drawn like that but yeahy like you mentioned, it helps avoid those situations with the jerks and unreformed practical jokers. Maybe I'm just fortunate that where I work I have the dubious distinction of being the grumpiest, grouchiest, most short-fused old fart who is known to shave his forearms with knives...

Andrew L

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

Don't worry Andrew, I still like you.
smile.gif

Having a "short fuse" isn't always a bad thing. Generally, people realize this characteristic in myself also. However, there are SO many "thick-headed" people running around that I have had my one month old Sebenza snatched out of my pocket by it's lanyard twice. (The same person has never done it twice, though.) As I've always thought, there are many more horse's a$$'s out there than horses.
I think I really prefer the great pocket clip for carry. It's designed really well and (so far) has not frayed my pocket. However pouch carry keeps the knife cleaner. Also, if the worst happens and I have to jump out of the airplane or fall off my motorcycle, I feel that the pouch will keep my knife with me.

Will

[This message has been edited by Will.223 (edited 05-17-2001).]

Will, I had one of those, an older style with CR on the outside flap, worked well, didn't use it much and I mailed it off to Copfish. It came with my old style large Sebenza, one that doesn't have a clip or facility for a clip....pre-classic/new style knife....

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Back