• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Chris Reeve Sable IV review request

Hi all, I was wondering if there has been a review on Chris Reeve's Sable IV one piece knife, the reason I like the model but onlyt hear people talking about mountaineer project I's etc.
Cheers, Bagheera

------------------

Is there nobody who can say something about the Sable IV ?
smile.gif

Any comments from (previous
wink.gif
) owners would be welcome. Best regards, Bagheera

------------------

Bagheera, I recently reviewed the knife but don't know how to put the review on this forum. I'm sending it to you privately.

Anyone wanting a copy, please post a request on this forum.

Ken Delavigne

What specifically are you looking for? The Sable has all the qualities the other one piece line is known for. Unfortunately, it seems to be over looked by most people. This knife carries a very good reputation from people who really use it. For a general utility, I think it is hard to beat. I like the 5 1/2 inch blade lengths (for a dedicated outdoor/woods knife 7 inch is preferred) offered in the spearpoint, clip point and, this version. For slicing cuts, the Sable is probably best for most users. If you want to pry ammo crates the spearpoint would be the preferred choice (and the one I sell to military folks most). The clip point is a classic that gives you a some belly, some piercing and, some strength (as you can tell I see it as sort of compromise, catch all format).

Stay Sharp,
Sid

Back