Christmas Bilton

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by jdk1, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jdk1

jdk1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2010
    My son received his first khukuri this morning. I picked it up on the DOTD months ago and knew it would be one of his favorite gifts. It's a Bilton made by Dil, I believe, with a nice keeperless satisal handle. He immediately went to the backyard and began chopping on some boards. I thought to myself, "he's not going to stop until he chops through the board", and I was right. We had a 26 F degree wind chill, but he didn't stop until it was in two pieces! He was actually very safe, keeping his free hand away from the board. In the second picture, he was adjusting the board, but we still talked about keeping that hand way away from the khuk. The little Bilton performed great:)! Yangdu, you helped make my son very happy:thumbup:! Thank you very much. Thanks for looking, merry Christmas and take care.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    You're a bad man for infecting someone so young.....LMAO!
    Great Present and Great post!
    Thank You.

3. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Good thing you had some 2x4's around. Otherwise you might have a new doorway in your house, without a door. And it is a bit nippy outside.

4. BChou-E29

BChou-E29

Dec 4, 2009
    What hath God wrought...

I'm sure he'll enjoy that Biltong for years to come and maybe go on to give it to his own children. Merry Christmas! :D

5. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Back when I was his age (I must be a geezer, talking like this), I got a hatchet for Christmas, and it was the Best.Christmas Present.Ever. I still have it and use it. Sounds like you are creating lifelong memories for your son with this even-cooler khukuri.

6. Infinite_Edge

Infinite_Edge

Aug 5, 2008
    Now that is cool to see. But yes, he is addicted now. Like father, like son?

7. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie

Dec 28, 2010
    That's awesome

8. GregS

GregS

May 6, 2008
    Great thread, he's a lucky guy.:thumbup:

9. captlid

captlid

Feb 23, 2002
    :D I have tried to hack through something slightly thicker than that with the Bilton. Got lazy and whacked it with one swipe with a baby ganga ram!