Christmas Gift Exchange

Friday morning I was the second person in line when the post office unlocked the lobby door. By the time I was leaving the line was out the lobby door and across the foyer. I haven't checked tracking but my package is on its way.

Will check my mail today. Thanks for making this fun everyone. Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with family and count your blessings.
Merry Christmas to you and everyone here! Spending time with family is the best part of the holidays. We spent Saturday evening with my oldest son and his family. We made sugar cookies and gingerbread men. Decorating them was a blast and letting my granddaughter eat icing right from the pouch was priceless. My daughter in law sent video of her and the little one who was still wound up well past midnight. They said next time I'd have to take her home with me. I think I'll call their bluff first chance I get.

I wrote a little thing on the bushcraft site in reference to the toys you remember or meant the most that you received on Christmas. I’ll quote it below.

Love hearing the stories and memories. There were also six of us kids ( 5 boys and one girl), we were blessed to have plenty of gifts and toys, so I am grateful we were were blessed, not rich but never wanting for food , clothes, and shoes, but what I do remember is also putting up the tree that we had from the 50s or 60s, the pole with colored holes and the branches had colored metal ends so as to know where to put the branches. We also had colored 4 watt bulbs and dad was alway telling us not to break them. Mom got mad at us as we threw tinsel everywhere on the tree rather than draping it gracefully and evenly on the branches. We put up a manger scene listened to old Christmas albums as we decorated. The toys I remember are a Six million dollar man with rocket ( my favorite show as a kid) with his removable arm that had secret compartments and fold over skin, and the Space 1999 space eagle. I also got Star Trek figures, and a few Star Wars figures, still got them somewhere. One thing always puzzled me in our stocking stuffers besides the usual stuff, my dad would put an orange in there. I thought that was odd, soi asked him why he gave us a piece of fruit. My dad grew up in the 30s and 40s, and while there were refrigerated vehicles and box cars, it was a rare treat to get a fruit in the middle of winter,especially in Pennsylvania. It made me think that he was telling me about his childhood and family, and the lesson stuck with me how fortunate we were and are to this day.

I will be spending Xmas alone this year which is fine to be honest. My buddy invited me to do Xmas at his sister's place in CdA which wouldn't be bad if the weather was better. But it's supposed to get down around -40 F and I won't travel when it's that cold unless I have to. Plus, I start a new job right after Xmas so I'd rather just relax a bit, do some laundry and watch Die Hard in peace.:cool: I haven't worked since the first week of March, 2021! But the shoulder is rehabbed to the point where I can do most stuff without any pain, so time to get back on the horse! Starting out at around 20 hours per week, that's the plan, although they already have asked me to the take the Chef/Kitchen Manager job. I told 'em I probably would do so but I need to work my way back into things, just been sitting around for two years!

BTW, the gift I sent is due to arrive on the 21st according to the tracking. BF has gotten a little chintzy over the years, now only paid members can send a PM apparently. I was a supporter at various times in the past but now I only come here to hit the JK forum. At any rate, the package is in VA now, should be there well before Xmas!🎅

Back