Christmas in July pic thread

View attachment 1387002 CS Last Rites. Rosewood (?) scales with red liners. Best GB yet.
I haven't been following this thread closely; but that is one of maybe three knives so far that I would have been happy to see. (That's why I don't touch the grab bags - too much risk between the random models and random handles.) Nice score!!

Aye. Could be Bloodwood. Hadn’t considered that. Perhaps one of the Mothership Crew will weigh in on this matter.

That hammered finish is pretty to look at but hell to maintain. It sucks up moisture like a big silica sponge. Id love to help you out but at most I could take one off your hands, maybe that BT6?
For sure. I have it on one of my Japanese Santoku knives and I make sure to clean it and wipe it down immediately after I finish cutting food.

My Busse Buddy said I should have posted a photo of my last GB - along with this one. And claim it’s one $500 Bag! I like a practical joke as much as the next fella. But don’t want to be responsible for any heart attacks out in Busseland.

Other side
IMG-20200729-184952.jpg

I looked at images of Dyed Palm. Grain appears larger than my handle wood. I lightened the photo for a better view.

I'll go our on a limb and say it's Bloodwood, very cool and I have never seen it before on a Busse.

View attachment 1387003

I believe you are both correct, 100%. I actually had a great knife with bloodwood, it does really look like it now that I've looked at a proper PC monitor to view the pic.

Back