Christmas Knife Blowout Teasers - More Later

holy smokes Andy...:eek: those all look bad ass...:thumbup: i especially like that whitler... that one looks like a handy little knife...:) that kitchen knife came out great too man...:D

Sent you an email re: lady finger. Also, what are specs on Arete prototype, especially handle width? Could be very interested. Thx.

:D

Great stuff here.

Dumb question:

What do you lose, if anything, when choosing a scandi grind over your typical full flat or convex grind with convex edge?

That scandi ladyfinger really is giving me the eye...;)

You get a little better handling in wood, but you give up toughness at the edge. Luckily this is 01. Its pretty tough.

Is that the Ladyfinger variant on the left?

What kind of wood is that on the top layer?

Thats Bocote.

dec106_1290-vi.jpg

[/IMG]

Andy, whats the first knife in the pic, and is it available?

That is a Bushcrafter wearing Paduk over East Indian Rosewood, and it is for an order. It really did come out nice!!!

The Arete looks great. I'm really liking that guardless Lady Finger too. Good job as always Andy.

I hope that guardless Ladyfinger becomes part of your regular line. They are all beautiful but that one is extra special.

I made a pattern for that blade. It really is sweet. Like a small Woodsman. Nice.

I'm considering re-naming this one. It started out as the Whittler. It's really speaking to me too. There may be a version already started with a larger handle.

God makes the bocote. I can't take credit for that.

The contours on the kitchen knife I didn't get in a pic, but it has a belly much like the Ladyfinger.

Back