Chuck Richards Knives (Worth a read)

Hello Friends,

I just came back from Blade show. I met a ton of people I respected, a few youtubers and celebrities as well. The man that stood out the most was a man named Chuck Richards.

Chuck is a very down to earth man who is more than inviting. He makes knives that are unbelievably nice. When you talk with Mr.Richards it’s like sitting and talking to a friend you have not seen in a while. He is ginuinely a great guy.

As beautiful as they are his knives are equally capable. I was taken back by the quality, the clean lines, and the over the top attention to detail of his pieces. He also has an Instagram where he beats them through logs with a hammer. I have never met a custom knife maker quite like him. He is a very funny happy go lucky guy with dead serious beautiful but capable knives.

If you are looking for a custom with a good man behind them I suggest giving Chuck a shout. I left with a smile on my face and one of his custom titanium pry bars. I cannot wait to get one of his incredible folders. I met him on Friday, he remembered me by name on Sunday. He is a man of real character and will stand out from the rest. Thank you Chuck for a great experience.

lM77Aut.jpg

2nA0uI5.jpg

RxqQrhX.jpg

Last edited:
Chuck is a legend, I am blessed to have one of his Woodchuck fixed blades, and it is a perfect joy to hold and use, as well as being mightily up to any task asked of it. Quality materials, and heat treated and cryo-ed properly, it is worth every penny.

Chuck's friendliness and interest in his customers and followers is humbling and inspirational, big love here.:):thumbsup:

Chuck is a legend, I am blessed to have one of his Woodchuck fixed blades, and it is a perfect joy to hold and use, as well as being mightily up to any task asked of it. Quality materials, and heat treated and cryo-ed properly, it is worth every penny.

Chuck's friendliness and interest in his customers and followers is humbling and inspirational, big love here.:):thumbsup:

I was blown away at how nice the guy is. I hung out with him on several occasions. I cannot wait to get one of the Damascus thumb stud/Ti handle knives in the pic.

Reactions: eny
I picked up one of his folders at the show. Love it!
Awesome guy, i hung at his booth for quite a bit at blade.

Dude that is awesome!! What knife did you get??? Let’s see some pics!! Did you check out him beating and prying them into wood on his Instagram? crazy man. I have never seen another custom maker do anything like that lmao.

Yep, I met at Chuck a blade too. He's a super cool guy and was a pleasure to speak to. I was also sitting behind his booth with ShannonSteelLabs ShannonSteelLabs talking about knives and other stuff. We even held down his booth so Chuck could run to the bathroom:D

Lmao! That’s pretty funny man. The guy was just cool in general. I am a few weeks away from getting one.

Two sides to every coin...
He does look kinda like Negan though.....

Russ

Seems like you are really going out of your way to spread the wordo_O

I’m left with no recourse for a defective knife I paid $425 in addition to poor treatment. There are frequent discussions about makers not standing behind their work. This is a perfect example of that practice. This thread is the first BF thread about Chuck Richards knives that pops up on google so it is a good place for me to post my experience.

People get sanctimonious about far less. This type of behavior is certainly more of a detriment to the knife community than a flipper making $50 profit on a sale.

Last edited:
I’m left with no recourse for a defective knife I paid $425 in addition to poor treatment. There are frequent discussions about makers not standing behind their work. This is a perfect example of that practice. This thread is the first BF thread about Chuck Richards knives that pops up on google so it is a good place for me to post my experience.

People get sanctimonious about far less. This type of behavior is certainly more of a detriment to the knife community than a flipper making $50 profit on a sale.

I responded to your other post but it might not be that he's not standing behind HIS work but can't stand behind the knife if it's been altered, modded, abused, etc by someone else? Like I mention in your other thread, even CRK will not warranty knives that has been abused or modded in any way.

I've had my Counselor 2.0 for a couple years now and it's preformed flawlessly and my dealings with Chuck have been nothing but 100% positive.

Not trying to discount your experience but just saying it's completely opposite from what myself and many others have experienced over the years.

Seems like you are really going out of your way to spread the wordo_O

He's going out of his way especially when you consider that his complaint is that the pivot gets loose after flipping the knife . . . lolwut? This constitutes defective? Oh no, every flipper I've ever purchased is defective now, what will I do?

;)

He's going out of his way especially when you consider that his complaint is that the pivot gets loose after flipping the knife . . . lolwut? This constitutes defective? Oh no, every flipper I've ever purchased is defective now, what will I do?

;)
To be fair, his complaint is that he couldn't fix it with multiple applications of loctite... Then again, if Hinderer can use loctite to essentially weld loose closed position stop pins into their frame, then I don't know why he couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

Sure does sound like the maker just ignored his problems, though.

Last edited:
To be fair, his complaint is that he couldn't fix it with multiple applications of loctite... Then again, if Hinderer can use loctite to essentially weld loose closed position stop pins into their frame, then I don't know why he couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

Sure does sound like the maker just ignored his problems, though.

The thread I read said he used blue loctite, though. If only there was a more aggressive solution to a pivot screw coming loose . . .

packshot-front-teaser-us-loctite-threadlocker-red271-teaser-1280x1280

;)

Well he did say he’s only got like 6 followers on Instagram, so that explains everything.

The thread I read said he used blue loctite, though. If only there was a more aggressive solution to a pivot screw coming loose . . .

packshot-front-teaser-us-loctite-threadlocker-red271-teaser-1280x1280
Blue should be enough, though. Why use red/permanent when properly made threads will be sufficiently locked with blue?

And aside from that, a custom maker telling him he won't help because he didn't buy the knife from him is kind of sad. It's within his right to do so, but it's less than is normally expected.

Well he did say he’s only got like 6 followers on Instagram, so that explains everything.

I suspect there is more to this story than what has been told to us. Like I mentioned, Chuck is one of the nicest guys in the business and has a reputation of being such. As someone else mention in this thread or maybe the other one the OP created, there are always two sides to every story.

Back