Civilian "trainers"

I have just finished watching James Keating's video on the Civilian, and let's just say I'm "inspired".

Can anyone help me on where I can find Civilian trainers (drones, dummy blades; whatever the technical term is ;] )

I remember a magazine article a while back that stated the ideal training blade is the same knife ground down to a dull edge...now that's JUST PLAIN MEAN to do to any blade, let alone a Civilian.

Besides, I don't have that kind of loot flying around my place. And if I did, I'd probably buy a Starmate instead...and be faced with having to find a drone for that one too.

------------------
"To give your sheep or cow a large spacious meadow is the way to control him."
- Shunryu Suzuki

Being cut is part of being alive. No guts no glory; train with the civilian the way it was meant to be.

------------------
-thePrince

I purchased a plastic trainer molded from a real-live Civilian a few years ago from Shomertec in Bellingham, WA. The only listing I found for them was (206) 733-6214
but don't know if this is correct.
As I recall, the trainer was pretty reasonable, and has been pretty durable to date (dropped a few times, yet hasn't shattered or chipped).
Hope this helps.
Brian

------------------
Life Member NRA & PMA, member AKTI, NKCA, ATA, and any other worthy cause I can find.

Originally posted by thePrince:
Being cut is part of being alive. No guts no glory; train with the civilian the way it was meant to be.

No offense, but I wouldn't learn to juggle chainsaws by tossing around a couple running, live Echos.

As Keating states in the video, "it doesn't cut so much as it rends".

I have NO interest getting bit by the Civilain...I cut my thumb pretty well with my Tim Zowada's serations, and that was about as "alive" as I want to feel.

If I'm not macho enough, maybe I should get rid of my Civilian and get a ladybug.

------------------
"To give your sheep or cow a large spacious meadow is the way to control him."
- Shunryu Suzuki

Back