Civivi after-market clips?

Spillproof

Platinum Member
Whoops.
I blame frozen hands and thick wool bibs.
(I am a clumsy oaf)
20230216_122240.jpg

I just ordered a replacement Civivi Titanium clip for $13 off Amazon. Has anyone used these?
Does anyone have any recommendations for other bombproof clips for Civivis?

Love this knife and I've clearly been carrying it.
Just need to keep it secured.

Well, the good news is it didn't snap. I kinda consider a clip that bends a bit more convenient than one that is too stiff and breaks.

Have you tried taking it off, then bending it back?

Not sure if the aftermarket ones are any better.

Well, the good news is it didn't snap. I kinda consider a clip that bends a bit more convenient than one that is too stiff and breaks.

Have you tried taking it off, then bending it back?

Not sure if the aftermarket ones are any better.
Agreed bent is better than suddenly stabby.
I will take it off and try to correct it but my experience with bent aluminum suggests it won't go well ;-)

I didn't realize those clips were aluminum.

Let us know if you end up getting a aftermarket one, and what your thoughts are.

I looked at all mine, and they are all stainless steel clips.

What model is that one?

Whoops.
I blame frozen hands and thick wool bibs.
(I am a clumsy oaf)
View attachment 2085039

I just ordered a replacement Civivi Titanium clip for $13 off Amazon. Has anyone used these?
Does anyone have any recommendations for other bombproof clips for Civivis?

Love this knife and I've clearly been carrying it.
Just need to keep it secured.
Hi Friend,
WE always strive to make your experience of our knives a positive one.
If you need any further help,would you please send us an email to sales@civivi.com,our service team will try our best to help you.

Snagging a clip can happen. I can usually rebend them and stainless is at least somewhat forgiving. Some of the WE models have a titanium loop-over but I've never bent one of those. The idea of an aluminum aftermarket clip is not appealing to me.

I'm generally a fan of the deep-carry loop-overs for how they sit in pocket. The titanium clips are cool but I haven't tried swapping them in on a Civivi. Please let us know how it goes.

20230222_162038.jpg
A bit of a mixed bag.
I was able to replace the clip on the Backlash but had to use the original hardware; the hardware included was the wrong size (too small). Also I could only get the black one to work- the silver one somehow prevents the top screw from threading. The new clip is a bit shorter but it feels quite solid and we'll see how it holds up.

The silver one came with the right hardware but I had the same problem trying to get the top screw to thread on the Praxis. So I'll be returning that one and looking for other options.

Back