Civivi Altus edge issues

I just got my civivi altus today and was impressed with how sharp it was out of the box but after cutting my daughters hotdog on a paper plate the front 1/4 of the blade was no longer sharp. Has anyone else’s had issues like this or have any suggestions? I tried stropping but it is still dull. Thanks for any help

1, Is the edge rolled? You can check by gently scraping against the dull part from both sides. Or check the edge under a light, search for reflections.

2, What's under the paper plate? If it's marble countertop or something like that it will still roll the edge, unless you were cutting on like 20 layers of paper plates. That's why proper cutting boards all have some thickness.

Just speculating, can't really know what's happening with the limited info provided.

I contacted the seller and they’re going to send me a replacement thank you guys for all your help I really appreciate it. The action on it is freaking awesome and I really dig the button lock it’s very fun as it’s my first button lock like I’ve ever had

I prefer an 18 degree edge when it’s able to be, I just put mine at that angle on the worksharp precision adjust but had to completely reprofile the edge from 220 grit to 800 then ceramic then strop and now it slices great, but that front 1/4 was/is way weird, mine has like a mini recurve just at the tip. Hopefully this helps, it’s my first tangle with nitro-V too so we’ll see

Back