Civivi Coronet Maintenance

AF

This is a cool pen but the spinner isn't working well anymore. I'd like to open it up and lubricate. I think the top unscrews but I can't imagine a tool that would grip it. Any help?
zeCGFXvh.jpg

Last edited:
Mind posting a few pics? Close ups if possible?

Dont have the pen myself but with some pics the folks here can take a look.

Good luck!

Added pic showing spinner top (and scratches from attempted removal).

Oof. I watched a few YouTube video and didnt see any disassembly tips. I would try something super grippy like rubber tape or something. Maybe superglue some small rubber sheets onto a piece of metal tube and try to torx with that.

I cant imagine it being made to be this hard, maybe WE Knife Media WE Knife Media can help us ask one of their fellas on disassembly.

Reactions: AF
This is a cool pen but the spinner isn't working well anymore. I'd like to open it up and lubricate. I think the top unscrews but I can't imagine a tool that would grip it. Any help?
zeCGFXvh.jpg
Hey friend,It's suggested to contact your dealer for a replacement.If there's more we could help,please feel free to email us via sales@civivi.com.

Hey! I figured out how to disassemble this pen! Just had to use a tool in an unconventional way. Basically, I just used the round side area of a pair of Milwaukee needle-nose pliers. Be careful so your hand doesn't slip, the threads will be tight, but I was able to remove mine just fine with minimal damage. If anyone needs some help, or wants to see how I did it, shoot me a DM on my Instagram @ Jonspocketdump

Yeah I ended up getting mine apart but it didn't help. I got a replacement from Civivi but that one is also finicky. Must be something with the spinner design.

Yeah I ended up getting mine apart but it didn't help. I got a replacement from Civivi but that one is also finicky. Must be something with the spinner design.
Yep mine got slow the first month I had mine, sent it back and the second one just got to its worst point today, gonna soak it in a solvent and blow some air through it.

I just got mine last night and after playing with it for a couple hours this morning it basically wouldn't turn at all by itself. I could turn it forcefully but that's it. I put some Sentry Original Tuff-glide on it, which is a dry lube, and just kept turning the top. Eventually after it dried it started turning better than when i took it out of the box. I'll probably try to take it apart, thanks to Jonathan Klein, and see if the bearing can't be replaced with a better one or something of that nature. But for now the dry lube seemed to help.

Reactions: AF
Back