CIVIVI KNIFE New ''BUTTON LOCK ELEMENTUM''

I'm glad you bumped this, as I want to snag one of these. Sort of hoping that since there's no secondary opening mechanism that the button lock locks the knife both open and closed, but I suppose I'll find out soon enough. :D

Yes it locks open and closed. It doesn't have a normal detent and you have to push the button to deploy.

Huh. Between the time I got my "available!" text and the time I got to my computer...it was gone. Nice looking little knife. I'll try to pick one up when the next batch appears.

I wonder, is this is going to be considered a "gravity knife" in certain jurisdictions?

As this has no self-propelling mechanism such as a flipper tab, studs, holes, etc, I'm pretty sure technically it is considered a gravity knife as the only mechanism to open it is via centrifugal/gravitational force.

I agree, even a small flipper would've made this a little better a la smock/ikuchi...but I doubt the majority of people care.

As this has no self-propelling mechanism such as a flipper tab, studs, holes, etc, I'm pretty sure technically it is considered a gravity knife as the only mechanism to open it is via centrifugal/gravitational force.

I agree, even a small flipper would've made this a little better a la smock/ikuchi...but I doubt the majority of people care.

Yep. If the Paragon Warlock is a gravity knife, so is this. Laws around these are silly.

I agree about adding an alternate deployment method. :thumbsup:

Huh. Between the time I got my "available!" text and the time I got to my computer...it was gone. Nice looking little knife. I'll try to pick one up when the next batch appears.

I wonder, is this is going to be considered a "gravity knife" in certain jurisdictions?

Ha, just noticed you're from CT as well!

I bought one...dont tell the cops.

Yep. If the Paragon Warlock is a gravity knife, so is this. Laws around these are silly.

I agree about adding an alternate deployment method. :thumbsup:

My Sage 3 would unfailingly drop into open & lock when the lock button was withdrawn. I rather liked that. Didn’t carry it much, though. A clean & oiled Benchmade 531 will open & lock with a quick retraction of the lock as well in a variety of positions. Which I guess “technically” makes that an automatic knife. Though I prefer to think of it as “assisted” - by physics.

Ha, just noticed you're from CT as well!

I bought one...dont tell the cops.

No worries. My biggest gripe with CT knife law is the ridiculous 1.5” restriction on autos. Should be changed to 3” or even 2.5” at least you could have some usable blade length and quite a few cool knives would then be legal.

Back