CIVIVI Teton Tickler Fixed Blade Knife

NEW
๐Ÿ”ฅ
๐Ÿ”ฅ
๐Ÿ”ฅ

CIVIVI Knife "Teั‚oษด Tฮนcฤธler"
โœจ
๐’๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ซ๐๐ข๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ
โœจ

Exquisite hand-crafted G10 handle with polished nickel-silver guard&pommel, incredible 5.5-inch of thick D2 blade plus with 1pc beautiful black leather sheath.
๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ”ง
๐Ÿ”ช

Named after the famous mountain range in northwest Wyoming, this CIVIVI Teton Tickler is on the next level.
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ‘‘
๐Ÿ”ฅ

Would love to hear your thoughts!
๐Ÿ™Œ
๐Ÿ‘Š

๐Ÿ’ฅ
Officially available on Jan. 27th!!!
q9p52aj.jpg

JLLrP80.jpg

bYt3RiO.jpg

cXJdMeV.jpg

pkQHo2L.jpg

As many of you know, I'm usually a big fan of WE and their sub-brands. This one though... it's a critical miss.

Why is this D2?!? Besides feeling too expensive for Chinese D2 in 2022, or the edge retention of Chinese D2 not always living up to the reputation that made D2 famous, there are two glaring issues here. First, D2 is only semi-stainless. That automatically makes it a bad deal for some of us. Second, 14C28N would have been perfect! Remember that 14C28N has very high corrosion resistance and is also one of the toughest stainless blade steels. It would have been the ideal choice for this kind of knife.

I agree, drop the second part of the name maybe reconsider a new name

Handle looks too smooth, possibly slippery.
Guard looks well done
Sheath needs changed a little, the restraining strap looks cumbersome to use
Recommend changing it to a strap coming from the spine side of the handle and across the guard down to a snap on the front of the sheath
Canโ€™t see the end of the handle so not sure if it has a lanyard pin?
And as mentioned change the blade steel to something a bit higher in value to help keep it above the rest of the pack
G2

As many of you know, I'm usually a big fan of WE and their sub-brands. This one though... it's a critical miss.

Why is this D2?!? Besides feeling too expensive for Chinese D2 in 2022, or the edge retention of Chinese D2 not always living up to the reputation that made D2 famous, there are two glaring issues here. First, D2 is only semi-stainless. That automatically makes it a bad deal for some of us. Second, 14C28N would have been perfect! Remember that 14C28N has very high corrosion resistance and is also one of the toughest stainless blade steels. It would have been the ideal choice for this kind of knife.
So D2 is good enough for half the Civivi lineup but not good enough for one of their fixed blades?

I agree, drop the second part of the name maybe reconsider a new name

Handle looks too smooth, possibly slippery.
Guard looks well done
Sheath needs changed a little, the restraining strap looks cumbersome to use
Recommend changing it to a strap coming from the spine side of the handle and across the guard down to a snap on the front of the sheath
Canโ€™t see the end of the handle so not sure if it has a lanyard pin?
And as mentioned change the blade steel to something a bit higher in value to help keep it above the rest of the pack
G2
All great input.

I often wondered why snaps would be facing forward. So many times these get undone just by walking around banging into things.

exactly but itโ€™s location would still be problematic, so going across the top part of the guard would solve it
And thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š
G2

All great input.

I often wondered why snaps would be facing forward. So many times these get undone just by walking around banging into things.
Looking at the second to last picture, it seems like the restraining strap possibly might not be sewn in place, meaning that you could rotate it a bit so the snap is off to one side.

Looking at the second to last picture, it seems like the restraining strap possibly might not be sewn in place, meaning that you could rotate it a bit so the snap is off to one side.

You may be right.

That might even be worse, as the snap strap could just be pulled out completely.

If it was removable that would simplify the change, remove it and install the new strap and snap pretty easily
G2

So D2 is good enough for half the Civivi lineup but not good enough for one of their fixed blades?

I wouldn't say that. I don't love D2 in the first place and there are additional issues with a lot of the Chinese D2. For instance, steels like 14C28N and 9Cr18Mov shouldn't be competitive with D2 when it comes to edge retention. The fact that they are speaks to the problem here. This is made worse by the fact that WE has achieved the opposite with their excellent heat treatment of 9Cr18Mov. It gets good edge retention and has excellent corrosion resistance. I'd be happy to see all of their D2 replaced by 9Cr18Mov or 14C28N.

That's especially true for this knife where the toughness of 14C28N may have additional benefits. Of course, that price might also seem high for a production knife in 14C28N... As the price of a fixed blade climbs up over $200 or so, I have to wonder whether that money wouldn't be better off going towards a custom. A custom knife in AEB-L would be much tougher, more resistant to corrosion, and hold a good enough edge that something like this in D2 falls right off the table for me.

Back