Civivi Wyvern Pivot Screw

Long story short, I stripped the pivot screw head on my Civivi Wyvern. I managed to removed it but now I am looking for a replacement. I contacted Civivi and they said it could take up to 30 days to receive a replacement, $5 per set of screws (pivot and body screws). My question is, is there anyway to find a local replacement for this screw through a hardware store? It appears to be an M3 screw that is 5mm long with an oversized button head, about 10mm in diameter. Any help would be appreciated.

Long story short, I stripped the pivot screw head on my Civivi Wyvern. I managed to removed it but now I am looking for a replacement. I contacted Civivi and they said it could take up to 30 days to receive a replacement, $5 per set of screws (pivot and body screws). My question is, is there anyway to find a local replacement for this screw through a hardware store? It appears to be an M3 screw that is 5mm long with an oversized button head, about 10mm in diameter. Any help would be appreciated.

No real way to know if your local hardware store would have it. Your best bet would be to take the stripped screw with you to the hardware store and try and find someone that knows what they are doing. You never know, you might get someone that can direct you to a suitable replacement for far less than 5$. At the very least you can give it a shot and if it doesn't work out you can always go back to Civivi.

No real way to know if your local hardware store would have it. Your best bet would be to take the stripped screw with you to the hardware store and try and find someone that knows what they are doing. You never know, you might get someone that can direct you to a suitable replacement for far less than 5$. At the very least you can give it a shot and if it doesn't work out you can always go back to Civivi.
I went to home depot today but had no luck. I did some research online and couldn't come up with something that looked even remotely similar. It's hard to believe Civivi would use proprietary screws on budget knives.

I would suggest McMaster Carr or other such online sites. There are also specialized bolt stores and sites out there. There was a metric specific store in Baltimore I had to visit once, so your options aren’t all gone.

I would suggest McMaster Carr or other such online sites. There are also specialized bolt stores and sites out there. There was a metric specific store in Baltimore I had to visit once, so your options aren’t all gone.
I looked on McMaster but the Civivi screws seem to have oversized heads. I will check some local hardware stores and see what I can find.

Back