CKG show review - 50 pics

RL,

great pictures. I can't seem to get them to all open at once, presumably the 56K blues. Is there a picture of that unique folder you bought? Can't remember the name, but it was a cool knife.

RL -

Thanks for the pics, and it was nice to meet a couple of you folks that I've been bumping shoulders with around the tables these last several years. I'll have to make it out to the 'pre-show show' next time. You were right about Tique (sp?), a great impromptu display, and a funny moment when Peter Wile came up. Looking forward now to next April.

Bern

Originally posted by Protactical
RL,
. Is there a picture of that unique folder you bought? Can't remember the name, but it was a cool knife.

The only folder that I brought to the show was my Liong Mah/Jeff Hall Rogue folding karambit...I did not buy this at the show..

standard

RL

As usual, another great review! A very sincere thanks to RL, Murray, and Cockroach for your help in promoting Canadian knifemakers. Thank you.

As usual, great bunch of pictures, RL. Thanks.
Everytime I look at your pictures, I feel as if I have been there.
:) :)

RL- Once again, another superb review. Your passion and enthusiasm for this industry of ours is remarkable.

Not only do we, who exhibited, appreciate your review, but also those who cannot attend shows can now put a face to the names of the people with whom they correspond or read about.

I have to say that for me the highlights of the show were Greg Lightfoot’s Full Contact Fighter with and without the (as you put it) quasi assisted opening system) Tig’s Balisong Flipping Exhibition and, of course, your totally cool handling of the JEFF HALL Folding Rogue.

I have already booked my two tables for the 10th Anniversary CKG Show in April 2004 and look forward to another super weekend.

Take care, Neil

RL,

great review (as expected). Nice to see you and your knives at the show... but only three?!! What was the matter? Not feeling well that day?

:D

Sorry I couln't make the dinner but I was lucky to make it to the show at all. Although the show was a little smaller than in the spring there were still some great knives!

I'm really liking what Kirby Lambert's been up to and the ergos of Rick Frigault's Shodan blew me away. The 'feel' was incredible - basically perfect (I think I feel a custom order coming on).

The ProEdge tables were awesome and Neil Ostroff's tables made me dizzy (so many knives, so little time...). It was a pleasure to meet Neil in person - a really nice guy and a great guy to deal with.

Finally, I had no idea that a little aerial Bali demo would get so much attention (It was RL's fault. He said he'd cut me if I didn't do it!). I also didn't realize how many Bali fans were at the show. This show I was pressed for time but next year I'll do a proper demo (training blades only Peter!) with singles, doubles, aerials etc. if anyone's interested.

Originally posted by tig
RL,

great review (as expected). Nice to see you and your knives at the show... but only three?!! What was the matter? Not feeling well that day?

:D

Wellll...sometimes I like to be a bit more "discrete" :)

Originally posted by tig

(I think I feel a custom order coming on).

That's what I like to hear! There was a great write up of the Shodan in Tactical Knives...and of course Kirby makes some great knives!

Originally posted by tig

The ProEdge tables were awesome and Neil Ostroff's tables made me dizzy (so many knives, so little time...). It was a pleasure to meet Neil in person - a really nice guy and a great guy to deal with.

I'll second that!

Originally posted by tig

Finally, I had no idea that a little aerial Bali demo would get so much attention (It was RL's fault. He said he'd cut me if I didn't do it!). I also didn't realize how many Bali fans were at the show. This show I was pressed for time but next year I'll do a proper demo (training blades only Peter!) with singles, doubles, aerials etc. if anyone's interested.

And I meant it :) I think it's safe to say that we are interested! We enjoyed it a lot! We'd also be interested in some knife fighting lessons...I'll even be your crash test dummy ;)

RL

Back