Classy "reward yourself" folder...help me!

Alright- I was very blessed this year at work and am being recognized with the company's highest award...so, what is a guy supposed to do but buy himself something that he does NOT need! :rolleyes:

I am in a suit everyday, all day and would like something alittle smaller and dressier (not too dressy) than my small Sebbie. I like the Mnandi and also the William Henry knives, but I am wanting to get myself something very nice, very classy, but not so ornate that it is ugly (my words.) I know that aesthetics is very subjective, but with the list of knives that I own and ones that I have looked at and knowing my style, I am SURE that you guys can help me spend my money on something.

CURRENYLY OWN:
Small Sebbie
Graham Brothers EDC Wharncliffe blade
5.5" Green Beret
Simonich Bitterroot
Spyderco SPOT

I am about to sell the Green Beret (NEVER use it, although I have always wanted one - I am trying to be reasonable) and the SPOT was picked up in a trade deal and I will also be selling it.

LOOKED AT:
Mnandi (plain and damascus)
WH Titanium with black and also with damasuc blades
WH Carbon fiber with black and also damascus blades
Unique small sebbie or umfaan (YEAH RIGHT) with damascus blade

I would like the blade to be no more than in the 3" size (smaller is OK) and the weight would be nice if it was lighter. Help me pick out the perfect knife to become my EDC dress knife. I would consider custom makers and of course production stuff, but I would like to have the knife be one that is fairly unusual and somewhat unique.

Thank you for your help.

David

Congratulations on the award! Good choices on the knives, but I'm afraid the Green Beret sheath might clash with your suit. ;)

I agree with hardheart, get yourself a custom.

I have tried the sheath thing with the suit - not wuite the look I was looking for! :D

Any particular makers you have seen that just blow you away?

David

Can't beat William Henry! If you want one of those linerlock folders, act fast! They are long discontinued.

Otherwise, I'd look at some of the new William henry buttonlock stuff. I have one of these on order:

rio_collection_700px.jpg

I'm getting the T12 size, second from the right. Stainless-damascus clad ZDP-189 with titanium bolster and snakewood handle. :cool:

LOVE the look, but too rich for my blood right now. I think...as temptin as it might be! WHO knows!?

Sproles said:
LOVE the look, but too rich for my blood right now. I think...as temptin as it might be! WHO knows!?
Well, if you get the William Henry itch, I know where to get your pre-order in. They don't ship until April AFAIK.

AG Russell has several WH models to choose from, and it's absolutely not necessary to spend $500 or more. My favorite is the William Henry Spire With Black Lip Pearl, an exclusive through AG. Price, only $195.

Or there are many of AG's own branded pocket knives with very classy natural handle materials. My 1st choice would be his Gents Lockback in black pearl, ATS-34 blade, $89.

Or check out Queen knives at Cumberland Knife Works. Plenty of different patterns in your choice of handle materials.

Or for something unique, search around for an antique Bruckmann pocketknife. Top quality, beautiful handle materials, and totally 'class'. I recently bought two, $35 each in new condition.

Sorry I can't spend your money and buy a knife for you. But I hope my post contains at least one original idea.

Happy shopping,
Bob

I'd suggest a c.g.g. small Sebbie......I have both lg. and sm. "Stars & Stripes"models as well as an Mnandi (my second suggestion) and a Green Beret. A shoulder rig would work for the GB ......as long as your coat never came off!:eek: :D

Larry S.:cool:

Spyderco Kopa. I've had mine for about a week and I love it. Beautiful wood handle, classic lockback design, useful blade shape, razor sharp and about $125.

I don't know how long you can look or what the budget is, but from what you've described a William Henry T-12 Pearl seems like it would fit the bill. With the MOP it's certainly more elegant than the CF version IMHO. All the precision of a William Henry and Mother of Pearl too! It's an awesome combination that seems to sell in the $200.00 - $300.00 range on the secondary market.

John

Back