Clip point on a bed of burl

clippoing-on-bed-of-ironwoo.jpg

First knife of the New Year. This is a clip point handled in Ironwood Burl resting on a bed of more Ironwood burl. The blade is 4 3/4” tip to bolster and OAL is 9”. It’s 3/16” thick CPM154 that I heat treated and cyro’d. It’s mirrored all the way. The bolsters have sculpted finger relief on both sides. The handle is a book matched set of Ironwood Burl scales. The scales have been sculpted into an upper and lower bevel. This one took a ridiculous amount of time hand shaping and sanding but it seems to have paid off. Thanks for having a look...

I don't even want to know how many $ worth of ironwood that is. You're gonna make a guy turn green from envy (if only that stuff grew in Canada). Fit and finish on that blade looks impeccable! I'd say it was worth the time.

I don't like that picture much. I had a devil of a time with the lighting and reflections and kind of settled for that picture. Here are some more pictures that show some detail that don't show up in the first picture and you'll see what I mean.
back-of-handle1.jpg

full-front.jpg

front-handle.jpg

back-side-blade.jpg

Back