1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Clones or Fakes

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by CSTLandscapes, Jan 18, 2015.

1. CSTLandscapes

CSTLandscapes

Jan 8, 2015
    Just wondering if anybody has ever seen a Sebenza with Micarta Inlay fake? I know there are plenty of different fakes out there, but ive only really seen them on the plains. There is a guy on our local Craigslist with a Carbon Fiber small for sale, but the pictures are very blurry and dark, so it's hard to tell. Not to mention he won't respond.

Man, it really sucks what the world is coming to. It's hard to trust anything anymore, and it's all because of just a few bad apples

2. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    yes it is unfortunate...and regardless of whether anyone has seen a fake in-lay or not, you'd be foolish to presume they don't exist. Micarta is super popular and it is only fitting that someone would fake the most desirable models of whatever they decide to rip off.

Sorry to be a downer, but you have to look close, and even then you can get fooled if you are not really really careful.

3. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    sorry, double post...

4. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I have seen fake inlays, even annuals, though the annuals were horrible. Havent seen mincarta, but if there are fake inlays, I am sure a micarta is not out of the question.....................I have passed on TONS of CRK over the years and even more recently because I was "just not sure" and I have lots of experience with them. Its almost to the point where you just suck it up and pay the extra $100 and buy new from a dealer. There are great deals out there, but if pics are blurry and they do not reply, thats a huge red flag right there. I have also seen fakes of Hinderer and Strider as well, so any company with success like these 3 are subject the the horrible world of counterfeits. I hate it, I just simply hate it. But not really much we can do but educate ourselves and let them take the loss with them sittin the shelves.

5. Trabireiter

Trabireiter

Mar 10, 2008
    there are definitely fakes with inlays, i.e. textured carbon inlays.

6. ttkttk33

ttkttk33

Aug 31, 2014
    i have seen a large 21 with snake wood inlay, i barely can tell the differences, except for the logo. so don't trust your naked eyes.

7. Joe58

Joe58 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2002
    I've a cocobolo Mnandi that I sent in for a spa. CRK called and said it was counterfeite and they weren't even able to tell until they took it apart. So there are some good ones out there.

8. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Do you remember where you got that from? Ebay? Bought it here?

9. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I would like to know where you purchased it as well. Could you PM me how they could tell....? Don't wanna divulge it here as it only helps the counterfieters.