1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How do I? Close thread/reposting "Want to Buy"

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by beestokk, Nov 23, 2019.

1. beestokk

beestokk Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Have a Want To Buy thread open that is over 2 weeks old. Trying to abide by the rules I want to repost now that 14 days have passed. My understanding is that since 14 daya have passed since the first post I can now repost. Seems reposting is the correct course of action versus a 'bump". Do I need to formally close the first post before starting a new post?

2. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    You don’t have to close it but it would be better if you did. Bumping is disabled so you’d have to start a new thread

3. beestokk

Sep 20, 2009
    Great thanks. I saw your test response. If closing it is that something I do or do you and the Mod Team? If me how do I do that?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  4. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    You should be able to do it by clicking the thread tools tab on top of the first post. Then uncheck the open box.

beestokk likes this.
  5. beestokk

Sep 20, 2009
    Thank you will give it a try!

6. beestokk

Sep 20, 2009
    Don't see "open" box under thread tools. Checked my phone and laptop - nada.

I'll just start a new thread, thanks all!

7. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Strange...under Thread Tools you should see Edit Title, Add Poll, and then Open with a check box next to it...uncheck it to lock it.

8. beestokk

Sep 20, 2009
    I see all but the "Open"... Could it be membership level dependent? I'm just a registered member.

9. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    good question...i've been gold for a while so not sure, but certainly sounds like a possibility.

beestokk likes this.
  10. beestokk

Sep 20, 2009
    I my upgrade to Basic or Gold soon, so time may tell.

11. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    It is membership level dependent. Gold members and above can close their own threads.

beestokk likes this.
  12. beestokk

Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks for the confirmation!