CLOSED, PRE-ORDER, DEK1

Edited to add: If you do not want a Pancake sheath with TekLok attachment, please email Jo. jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com Thanks!
DEK1 sheath choices1.jpeg Kydex sheath choices available. Top center shows the Pancake sheath alone. Comes with your choice of Drop Loop shown on Top Left, TekLok, shown Bottom Left, Monoblock Gear Clip shown Bottom Middle. The Taco Sheath shown Far Right top and bottom comes with the Ulti-Clip.

Last edited:
One in D3V with milled swedge and unbuffed double black canvas scales with the fancy blue screws.

paid

01/14/2021 - Reviewing the new sheath options, I'd like the taco sheath with the ulti-clip please.
This is Jo. Luckily I saw this while updating statuses. I don't usually come been to the thread before shipping. I have it, but it would be best to send me an email. Thanks!

Ok, I'm stupid (this is news?), but what is the difference between the "pancake" sheath (of which I have several) and the "taco" sheath (of which I have none) other than the shape and whether it comes with TekLok or Ulti-clip?

TIA!

A picture is worth a thousand sumptin sumptin:

dek1-sheath-choices1-jpeg.1490764

Ok, I'm stupid (this is news?), but what is the difference between the "pancake" sheath (of which I have several) and the "taco" sheath (of which I have none) other than the shape and whether it comes with TekLok or Ulti-clip?

TIA!

I have both for various knives. Taco is slimmer, easier to pocket, sets up really nice for inside waistband or clipped elsewhere with mummert, Ulticlip, or Discreet Carry concepts clips. But taco is less versatile than pancake in my opinion. Pancake just has more rivet holes for various clip configuration and lashing points. I personally prefer taco if it can be easily set up for horizontal cross draw with above mentioned clips or similar. I don’t like tekloc.

TIA!

Pancake is made of 2 sheets of kydex.
Taco is 1 piece folded over.

The main difference is that a pancake has rivet holes all around but the footprint of the sheath is wider as a result. Taco is better iwb imho

I have both for various knives. Taco is slimmer, easier to pocket, sets up really nice for inside waistband or clipped elsewhere with mummert, Ulticlip, or Discreet Carry concepts clips. But taco is less versatile than pancake in my opinion. Pancake just has more rivet holes for various clip configuration and lashing points. I personally prefer taco if it can be easily set up for horizontal cross draw with above mentioned clips or similar. I don’t like tekloc.
Pancake is made of 2 sheets of kydex.
Taco is 1 piece folded over.

The main difference is that a pancake has rivet holes all around but the footprint of the sheath is wider as a result. Taco is better iwb imho

Thank you both for actually answering my question instead of reposting a picture which was already posted about 8 posts before mine which everyone has already seen . . . which was why I wrote "other than the shape."

I guess the shape (and corresponding space for rivet holes) IS the difference . . . except for this . . . "Pancake is made of 2 sheets of kydex. Taco is 1 piece folded over." which gets the gold star for best answer.

Thank you both for actually answering my question instead of reposting a picture which was already posted about 8 posts before mine which everyone has already seen . . . which was why I wrote "other than the shape."

I guess the shape (and corresponding space for rivet holes) IS the difference . . . except for this . . . "Pancake is made of 2 sheets of kydex. Taco is 1 piece folded over." which gets the gold star for best answer.

With respect, there is nothing in those responses that you couldn't deduce yourself from the posted picture and Jo's accompanying commentary.

Back