Closing the Camillus Fourm before the new knives come out???

CRKS... I have never seen anyone so blatantly use a forum as their own personal selling website as have done with this one.

It's allowed and others do it as well. CRKS has paid his freight and I don't see the mods saying a thing about his posts.

Now that you have made all the profit you could off the members here after convincing them that Beckers are a great collectible with possibilities of huge appreciation in value

They have, in fact, appreciated hugely in value.

Every Becker model has been selling on ebay at a huge premium to its original
selling price. Yesterday a Becker Necker sold for $73.00. A Brute just went for $220. Companions are selling in the $90.00 range.

If you - or anyone - can point me to comparably performing investment collectibles, I'm ALL EARS, and my wallet's open.

you're hoping the forum stays around so you can peddle your china made crap

That's pretty aggressive.
And speculative at best.

CRKS... I have never seen anyone so blatantly use a forum as their own personal selling website as have done with this one. No damn wonder you don't want it to die. Now that you have made all the profit you could off the members here after convincing them that Beckers are a great collectible with possibilities of huge appreciation in value, you're hoping the forum stays around so you can peddle your china made crap.

I've looked at many of your past posts; you have offered little, if any, real info about Camillus knives, and I honestly doubt you know much about the company and it's history. As already mentioned above however, you have shamelessly offered many, many knives for sale here in the forum, or have directed people to your website and Ebay sales store.

This is directed to GreatScout

Obviously you have only read the threads that you wanted to and turned a blind eye to the posts that did not suit your statement.

I tried to answer some question; I had a few direct contacts at Camillus in the sales department, shipping, warehouse and production. I was a dealer / distributor for Camillus. I helped when I could.

As far as the collectablity of the Becker knives I will buy back any of the Becker knives that anyone purchased from me. I sold the knives at some of the lowest prices available. In fact the last order of BK1 knives that I got in I sold for less than $75.00 each, the last time I checked they were going for $200.00 or more on ebay. I would call that a good investment. The same thing with the BK2’s when no other dealer had them, I offered them at a very reasonable price. I also helped allot of people to get Micarta handles for their Beckers, quite honestly I didn’t make enough on those handles to pay my people for shipping them. I’m not blowing my own horn but don’t tell me that I used this website. People were looking for a hard to find knife and I may have given them a hint about where to find them.

As far a Camillus goes I still believe in the knife. I only have 1 model of the Becker knives in stock and none of the CQB1 knives left. But when I do a show I have my CQB1 with the multi position Kydex sheath strapped to my side, that’s my knife. I go out in the woods camping and I take a couple different knives with me, one knife that I should put on a shelf is the BK1, I just can’t bring myself to leave it behind.

When I get cut I bleed High Carbon 0170-6C. But I wouldn’t expect someone like you to understand that.

AND…. I do nothing shameless, and I have never directed anyone to ebay. If you understood the fees that are associated with ebay you would understand why. If I directed anyone to my website so be it, but it wasn’t shameless. I sell knives for a living what do you do??????

If you ever took a moment and looked at my website I don’t think you would make the statement about peddling China Knives. I will be listing some of them in the future but most of my knives are made in the USA and a few are made in Germany, Taiwan, and China.

If you are questioning my integrity you have an open invitation to the RIDGE anytime you’d like. You sound like a person that is full of sour grapes, why don’t you tell us what’s really bothering you????

I see you have been a member since 03-19-07 you must be a real genius to have read all of my posts, or maybe you have read them and you just hiding behind your new name. I think I know who you are and I’ll just say this; there are no free lunches here. You didn’t get any where with Camillus, you didn’t get anywhere with paypal so your gona come here and stink up the place with your B.S.

I treat all of my customer with respect, if there are any problems I face them head on and take care or them. You on the other hand are a problem. You see I have only ever had one customer like you, so stand out like a pimple on Paris Hilton's ass.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

In defense of CRKS:

I'm no CRKS postings scholar but I am a happy customer. He sold me my BK2 at the old low price when they were getting hard to find and shooting up in cost on Ebay and elsewhere. Very fast shipping too.

From what I've read of his posts he hasn't 'pushed' his shop beyond letting us know of it's existence and one of my original reasons for lurking this forum was to find a source for the Becker line. He's also provided technical info, news about the status of Camillus itself, and helped people regarding hard to find accessories.

In short: honorable conduct throughout.

Tom, while GreatScout is quite able to speak for himself, I believe this is what he was refering to mostly:

Dealer Membership
Allows Dealers to sell on BladeForums.com in the Dealers For Sale Area. Dealers caught selling at other member levels
will be banned.

"I sell knives for a living..."

I don't think it is possible that you are unaware of this. I don't see benevolence, good business practices, or helpfulness listed as a mittigating factors. Yes, the fee for a dealer is high. For a very valid reason. This website belongs to and is maintained by a dealer. You don't pay the appropriate fee, yet every post you make has the sig line identifying you as a dealer.

"Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop"

Even dealers paying the appropriate fee are restricted to selling in the Dealers For Sale Area.

I do understand your concern over the forum being closed before the Chinese copies are produced and shipped to you. You use this forum as a sales tool, and likely were depending on it providing a pulpit for you to promote your sales of Chinese copies of Camillus knives when they arrive at your business.

It makes sense that you justify people buying Chinese produced knives when you have a dog in the fight. But quite a few of us are just old Codgers who find the idea of sending more money to the communist People's Republic Of China repulsive. Our knife collections are one of the few remaining parts of our lives where we have the choice as to whether or not to buy Chinese. I (and quite a few others) choose not to.

Codger

Speaking as a Vietnam Veteran;
There are a lot of us who have dodged too much Chinese steel. or had it cut out of us, to feel good about buying some now.

As you may or may not know, China was the major supplier of weapons to the North Vietnamese Army & the Viet Cong.

There is a black granite wall in Washington DC with the names of over 58,000 Americans who died in that war. Most were killed by weapons made in, or supplied by/through China.

Now you think it is OK to buy & sell their knives? :mad:
You have the legal right to do so. A right bought and paid for by the blood of many generations of Americans who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for your freedoms.

Why do you want to buy ANYTHING from the one country we may have to someday fight, and the one country who could quite possibly defeat us?
Everything we buy from the PRC helps to build their economy so that they can someday control the world. That is their stated goal. If you don't believe me read Marx, Lenin, & Mao. I have & it is frightening.

They say a Communist is someone who reads Marx & Lenin, and a Non-Communist is one who reads & understands them.

Dale

Cougar 64,

I’ll make a few points in reply to your post.

I see no breech in the Forums guidelines with my signature.

Yes the owner of this forum is a dealer; I have a vague idea of the volume of sales that he does (I don’t think he’s loosing any sleep over my sales.) I never met Sparks, if he walked in to my shop I wouldn’t know who he is. I will base this next statement on what I read about him and the fact that his company has a forum like this; I feel he would promote a small business that promotes a tradition like the collecting and uses of knives. The dealer membership fee is allot more than the Gold membership and at some point in the future I will upgrade my membership.

Making a statement that I sell knives for a living is a far stretch from I have The Becker BK1 for sale for $10.00 (sorry I don’t so don’t ask). I stared using the forum to apologize for a statement in a listing I had on ebay (the statement turned out to be true). At that point I found a group of people that I shared an interest with. The folks here are a great group. I did make a few direct statements about what I had for sale. And a couple of moderators gave me some friendly advice about the dos and don’ts.

I feel that knife enthusiasts if they are dealers, buyers, sellers, users, or collector, are part of a brother hood. I don’t talk bad about other dealers, I have even defended other dealers and knife companies until they have proven without a shadow of doubt that the have done something disingenuous.

Believe me the statement that you made about my interest of selling imports from China in this forum is a joke. If you really feel this you are out of touch. If I wanted to “peddle knives” I would be pushing my Ontario (made in the USA) line. I’ll cut you off at the pass; I did offer a suggestion to this forum that this is another line to look at. I did this because Ontario is another great knife that some people looking for Becker (that they can no longer get) may want to consider. I will not apologize for wanting to be successful. If I give a subtle suggestion to look at my website for a knife I will not apologize for that either.

orvet,
I respect you opinion. I entered the Marine Corp. in 1984. I had the opportunity to serve with some (post Vietnam) Vietnam Vets and I have a great respect for them, they taught me thing only experience can teach. I understand your feeling about US made knives. I offer the import knives as an alternative. There are many people out there that can’t afford the $50 knife for hunting but they have $15.00 for the import hunting knife. There are also people who looses or breaks knives on the job every day, they want an inexpensive knife to use and loose. When I do Trade Shows I still am amazed at the different reasons people buy knives. One guy may buy a $200.00 knife to use and another to collect. There are people that buy Import knives at the same time they are buying US made knives. There are many different people out there and there are many different needs for knives. I just offer options for those needs.

Cougar 64,
I'll make one more point to you because I am getting a less than friendly tone from your post. Unless every thing in you home is made in the US, I don’t think you should be so critical of my business. There is an old saying that I like to use. People in glass housed shouldn’t throw stones. I live my life and operate my business with integrity, please don’t challenge that.

Tom

Everything we buy from the PRC helps to build their economy so that they can someday control the world.
Dale

It also weakens the American economy. A double whammy. :barf:

I'm not a veteran, but the only time I buy anything made in China is when I have absolutely no realistic choice. I'll drive miles extra, go through all kinds of extra trouble, and pay a lot more for a product actually made by Americans. It's always been worth my trouble and expense because the products are normally higher quality and have a more serious and thoughtful design. Plus it supports American manufacturing, which is something that I believe is very important for the American economy and our place in the world. That's been my practice for quite a while now and I've always made out pretty well in the long run as a result.

Dale,

It sounds like you need to do some protesting in D.C.

But keep this fact in mind as you form your opinion.

The more industrious the Chinese companies become the more aware the Chinese workers become of western cultures. They see the relationship of a free democratic society and success. Although their pay is a fraction of their equal here in the US, it has increased tremendously in the last couple of years.

They say a Communist is someone who reads Marx & Lenin, and a Non-Communist is one who reads & understands them.

If your goal is to defeat communism, the primary weapon is educate the people trapped in that culture. The Chinese workers are seeing a glimpse of this. The reason for this is our own success is the world market place.

Like it or not we are part of a Global Market and our economy relies greatly on the Chinese economy (as well as other industrious nations). If you want to question that; look back about a month ago and you will see the ripple effect the drop in the Chinese market had on stock around the world.

As far as China defeating us someday, if it ever came close to that I think you would see a near annihilation of life as we know it before that would happen.

How much German metal did our troupes dodge and get hit with in WW II, Germany is making knives out of some of the tanks that spilled American Blood. How many German made knives do you own? Boker makes many highly collectable knives sold in the US. So if the rule of thumb is we don’t want to do business with a former enemy how long does this rule stay in effect?

Tom

Will the last one of you to leave please turn off the lights!
:barf:

orvet,
I respect you opinion. I entered the Marine Corp. in 1984. I had the opportunity to serve with some (post Vietnam) Vietnam Vets and I have a great respect for them, they taught me thing only experience can teach. I understand your feeling about US made knives.

Tom,
I was in the Marine Corps for 3-1/2 years. I was in the process of reenlisting when I was medevaced home & spent the next 10 months in & out of Oak Knoll Naval Hospital. I am rated as 100% permanently & totally disabled by the Veterans Administration. I respect your service in to our country and thank you for it. However, I suspect you might feel differently if you have been to the Wall (Vietnam Memorial) in DC and made tracings of the names of people you knew, as I have.

There are many people out there that can’t afford the $50 knife for hunting but they have $15.00 for the import hunting knife.

The average hunter probably spends a minimum of $400 on a average quality deer rifle, plus any accessories such as a scope, sling, etc. Then there is the cost of going to the place where they can hunt, (since most of us can't just step out of our back doors and shoot a deer). So for most people the average hunting trip usually ends up costing us several hundred dollars, especially since gas is now over $3.00 per gallon. Not to mention Hunting license & tags. For 98% of the hunters in the USA the $35 difference between a cheap import knife & a decent US made hunting knife is not going to make or break their hunting trip.

There are also people who looses or breaks knives on the job every day, they want an inexpensive knife to use and loose.

This is true. The cheap knives (I have made that mistake once years ago) do tend to break more easily, & if you loose a cheap knife, who cares? Of course, if you buy a quality tool & take care of it, you tend to take care not to loose it & it doesn't break as easily. Also you tend not to abuse it.

The more industrious the Chinese companies become the more aware the Chinese workers become of western cultures. They see the relationship of a free democratic society and success. Although their pay is a fraction of their equal here in the US, it has increased tremendously in the last couple of years.

If your goal is to defeat communism, the primary weapon is educate the people trapped in that culture. The Chinese workers are seeing a glimpse of this. The reason for this is our own success is the world market place.

That is a nice clean theory & a lot of wishful thinking. If it doesn't happen that way, you better take a crash course in Chinese. Remember they have sworn to control the US. Why you think that a small taste of American goodies will satisfy them and not just make them more hungry to take full control of the US?

How much German metal did our troupes dodge and get hit with in WW II, Germany is making knives out of some of the tanks that spilled American Blood. How many German made knives do you own? Boker makes many highly collectable knives sold in the US. So if the rule of thumb is we don’t want to do business with a former enemy how long does this rule stay in effect?

You forget one very important point; both Germany & Japan surrendered unconditionally to the Allies, led by the USA. They are now counted as Allies of the US an have even sent troops to assist the US efforts in the Middle East.

We have fought China twice in the last 50 or so years, once in Korea & once in Vietnam. Both turned into a draw. In Vietnam, we won the war, but their propaganda machine was able to turn Americans against each other and as a result we walked away and left our South Vietnamese allies to face the dragon alone.
I do not think that this is the last time we will face them. Right now they are winning the economic war. Americans who used to have good jobs, now sell Chinese made goods at Walmart.

Tube Guy makes an excellent point. We do have to buy some things from China, for many items there is no realistic choice.

I'm not a veteran, but the only time I buy anything made in China is when I have absolutely no realistic choice. I'll drive miles extra, go through all kinds of extra trouble, and pay a lot more for a product actually made by Americans. It's always been worth my trouble and expense because the products are normally higher quality and have a more serious and thoughtful design. Plus it supports American manufacturing, which is something that I believe is very important for the American economy and our place in the world. That's been my practice for quite a while now and I've always made out pretty well in the long run as a result.

Unless more Americans take this approach, the American economy will become more & more dependent on China & then they will take us over by buying us out.

There are still a few of us who appreciate the few rights we have left. We have paid the price as have many of our brothers in arms.
To us principal is more important than price.

Dale

I buy knives from several countries. Germany,Japan,spain, italy, france, sweden, finland etc. but if someone is only going to buy a knife or two to use I ALWAYS SAY BUY AMERICAN! i collect knives so naturally i want the best blades from the best makers and if someday in this century China makes a real knife i might buy it! My most used blades are made in the USA and they are also my best blades but i never hesitate for example to put a German blade to use! All i can say about all the Chinese garbage flooding the shores is to educate people about the quality and convince them to buy a good knife and when nobody buys the junk it will no longer be imported.---- Easier said than done i know.

Look guys I am not trying to get into a pissing contest. I respect your choice not to buy a knife made in China. There is no need for me to reiterate my point. It is because of this great country that we live in that we are able to have an opinion.

I will say this to Cougar 64 because I notice his revision to a previous post…. Are you a wanta be Mod? Why do you and GreatScout have such an obsession about my posts? I suggest that you go out and make a 6 figure investment and open up your own knife store. I guaranty you’ll make an attempt to sell some knives. At least you get off of my back.

You see Cougar 64 your getting on my nerves again. I got back from setting up at the trade show. I’m sitting her listening to Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of the Moon, enjoying the Forum and I have to re-read your crap! Are you sure you’re not someone’s wife?

Here’s how much I like my American made knife (Camillus CQB1 154CM steel). If I ever have to defend myself and cut an attackers artery, whether it be the Carotid, Axcillary, Abdominal, or Femoral I will use my CQB1 and them frame the dam thing when I’m done.

Yes I’m a blood pissing, knife toting, former US Marine, maniac; so don’t screw with me. My friend now they can count on me to watch their backs anytime. My enemies know never to turn their back. On top of all of my other good qualities I can shoot the hair off of a gnat’s ass at 1000 meters. I place 2nd in the series, (that about 320 Marines) Boot Camp Paris Island SC.

I love to sell knives, I love to collect knives. You can only imagine getting a 3 or 4 thousand dollar order in, it’s better than Christmas time. So I’m living my life’s dream (and man I have earned it). If I sell a few knives in this forum or if I sell a few knives made in China don’t get so worked up Cougar64.

I fact if your ever in Latrobe PA we’ll go have a beer and discus the meaning of life

Good Night,
Tom

CRKS, I gotta tell you, I was researching a boker the other day and there was one of your many posts, telling how great the knife was, and I note it had been edited by Bastid. Peddling knives again in the forum, which is the only reason you are posting here.

Yes, I am sure you are a real tough guy. I've known a few in my time, but the funny thing is, they didn't have to broadcast the fact. It's how a man acts, carries himself and behaves that actually says it all, much better than words can.

My point is made. Sorry to see this forum end, but I had just had enough of your blatant knife peddling. And let's talk in a year about the nose dive of the value of those precious Beckers your pushing on people.

Tom is a great guy. His company CRKS is top notch. He provides excellent service and products at a reasonable price. As far as the selling goods from China well I hate anything from China. I try to buy to not buy Chinese products if I can.

GreatScout- People here like Tom. You should hang around here for more than 2 weeks and do you homework before you start trying to tear people apart. What I get tired of seeing is a fresh member attacking someone here like they own the place and they are one of the mods. OBTW your nomination to Rens special list will be complete shortly.

Tom is a great guy. His company CRKS is top notch. He provides excellent service and products at a reasonable price. As far as the selling goods from China well I hate anything from China. I try to buy to not buy Chinese products if I can.

I have ordered from crks and just realized it. Top notch service indeed! And i am not bothered by people advertising on any of the forums as it sometimes helps me to get a good deal on something i want.

Believe it or not I’m not trying to make enemies here. I’m trying to make a point about production knives. There is not one major US production knife company that does not import some of their knives.

You local whipping post,
Tom

Tom,

I am sure that W R Case is making all of their knives in the U S. If anyone has evidence that they are not I would like to share it. I put a lot of faith in Tom Arrowsmith their CEO and he speaks very strongly about Case remaining U S made.

A.G. Russell,

Thanks for your input; it’s an honor to hear from one of the legends of the knife industry. I believe you are correct in your statement about Case. They are a company that truly has no imports.

Tom

Tom,

I am sure that W R Case is making all of their knives in the U S. If anyone has evidence that they are not I would like to share it. I put a lot of faith in Tom Arrowsmith their CEO and he speaks very strongly about Case remaining U S made.

These too?
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=CA5626

I'm not saying they aren't, but I can't find any better pictures to see what the tang says, and I can't find them on the Case website.

Back