COD Black ops knife

Eh, I dunno. Can't imagine many special ops soldiers bringing a knife like that on missions, where a Kabar or something equally cheap would suffice. Unless they were trust fund baby-turned elite special forces or something.

I know you're a sniper and all that, but you are amazingly uneducated about who the Randall knives were built for and who carried & carries them. :rolleyes:

You use several different knives through the campaign, At one point you use a knife that resembles the Sog Scuba Demo.
sogscubademo.jpg

The basis for any issued knife to SOG missions was Randall.

Because they needed to be sterile of any markings, the knives were contracted out of Japan.

The basis for any issued knife to SOG missions was Randall.

Because they needed to be sterile of any markings, the knives were contracted out of Japan.
Interesting! Was there a standard issue model or style ?

In John Plasters book on sog he has a good article on the knives they carried, the randalls were definitely coveted but not to many soldiers could afford them. Funny how things don't seem to change haha

Is there anyone else wondering what real life counterpart the knife in Call of duty black ops is based off of? I'm almost certain I've seen this exact knife before but I just can't recall where or what brand. I scoured through SOG and Cold steel's knife line up and saw nothing that quite matched it.

So maybe one of you guys knows what it is?

Here's an image for reference.
Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops_Knife.jpg

I think it`s the Randall 18 Attack - Survival Knife because it has a longer blade

All of you saying that it's either a SOG demo or a Model 18 are wrong. If you look at the in game files you can see it has a black finger grooved handle. Either micarta or tenite. Most likely micarta. Neither are present in the Demo nor the Model 18. It's a Model 14 attack with sawteeth.

All of you saying that it's either a SOG demo or a Model 18 are wrong. If you look at the in game files you can see it has a black finger grooved handle. Either micarta or tenite. Most likely micarta. Neither are present in the Demo nor the Model 18. It's a Model 14 attack with sawteeth.

1) You are debating with people from 4 to 9 years ago.
2) Its not a 14. Wrong blade shape. 16 and 18 have the correct blade shape. A 16 with optional serrations and single finger grip handle matches perfectly the imaginary knife.

Hold on everyone. Its a model 14 attack. 7" blade of 440B steel. The 14 went from a clip point to a spear point with the addition of the saw teeth and it included the name "Attack" with the sawteeth. Look closer at the game and you will see dark fingergrooves. Its a micarta handle. I know this because I play COD Black Ops and I have this knife. I bought the Model 14 back in 1986 when I was a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Div. I payed $80 for it. One of my few but most prized possesions. When my son bought this game and saw the knife he said, " Dad, your knife is in the game! "
P.S. I never carried this knife. I used an Ontario Pilot knife, standard issue in the 80's.

Last edited:
2) Its not a 14. Wrong blade shape. 16 and 18 have the correct blade shape. A 16 with optional serrations and single finger grip handle matches perfectly the imaginary knife.
randall-made-knives-r44-1__59761.1563475131.jpg
latest

The 16 is just a shorter 14 and the 18 has a COMPLETELY different handle.

Can't believe you've been here 6 years, and the thread that got you out of hiding was this one.
Believe me I was a bit surprised myself. Went to create a profile and was told that my email already had one, so I went through my passwords and got in. I just couldn't get over how some people thought it was a Model 18 :confused:

Last edited:
Oh shit, sorry I got 15 and 16 confused. Yea it could be a 16, but the guard doesn't match most models and i don't see an S on the in game files. So 14 or 16 then I guess.

Back