1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

code 4 edge profile

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Tjstampa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Tjstampa

Tjstampa Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 25, 2019
    I just got a new code 4 tanto. I have read that these are hollow ground on some descriptions. To me it looks like a straight grind. What kind of grind does the factory use.

2. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    [​IMG]
    The spine is pretty thick on this one, but it slices good because it is hollow ground.
    The grind on the tip is definately more straight. Compare to that

3. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    I know Cold Steel changed the grind on the Recon1 and American Lawman to flat grind from a hollow grind a year or two ago.
    My Code 4 is 2-3 years old, and is hollow ground. I don t know about the new ones.

4. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Hold a straight edge against the blade and see if there's a gap. Shouldn't be hard to tell.

DocJD likes this.
  5. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Code 4 still hollow ground.

cwsmith17 likes this.
  6. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    Both mine are hollow ground, clip points, but they are pocket knives not full duty field sheath knives. I love both of them. Dang it now...I gota get a tanto one...

7. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
    If the line where the two blade grinds intersect is curved, its hollow ground (straight=flat ground). The leading edge is always flat ground on Cold Steel's tantos

AF likes this.