1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

cody hofsommer feather damascus bowie

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by browneu, Mar 3, 2017.

1. browneu

browneu

Feb 23, 2013
    I normally don't do this but felt compelled after getting my knife.

I just received a feather damascus bowie made by cody hofsommer and it's one of the best knives i own. It's a work of art. A very sharp piece of art. I'll post pictures in a couple of days.

Thank you for making a great knife.

2. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Terrible tease !!!

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

3. weo

weo KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 21, 2014
    I agree! Where are the pics?????

4. Cody Hofsommer

Cody Hofsommer

Dec 2, 2011
    Thank you for the mention Browneu! If it's the one I think, it is the piece of feather damascus I had made, and it was made without a press. I split the billet with a hot cut and hammer.

5. browneu

browneu

Feb 23, 2013
    Here are he pictures of the Bowie. I was impressed enough to purchase another knife. The second knife has ladder damascus and excellent maple.

6. browneu

browneu

Feb 23, 2013
    Well, it seems that i dont know to post pics. I have them ready and will upload them when i figure that part out.

7. Eric@DLT

[email protected]

Mar 30, 2015
    Some of the pics from the link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn these are sweet knives. I was very, very impressed with the quality, detail, and fit/finish.

8. browneu

browneu

Feb 23, 2013
    Thank you for the pictures Eric. I highly recommend the knives and your store.

9. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Well executed feather pattern showing a lot of control of the pattern with the spine traveling straight from center of ricasso to point.
    Very nice sculpting of the handle and guard.