1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Coffee

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Monofletch, Nov 23, 2013.

1. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    It's all good, just thought you might want to know. There is a Cuisinart on the list, any chance it's the one she got?

2. cchu518

cchu518 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I don't have the model number but it was on the CR list with the Tecnovorium. They ranked coffee makers for how consistent it could brew coffee around 200 degrees. Here's a shot of it with one of our birds!

[​IMG]

Monofletch and Barman1 like this.
  3. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I like the 100 Mile almost as much as the Hair Bender!

6116E52C-B017-4140-96E2-292D439AF211.jpeg

4. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    As long as it's putting out ~200ยบ water consistently, you should be GTG!

Hmm. I've never had that one before.

cchu518 likes this.
  5. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    Oh I looked it up btw it's the Cuisinart 14cup Perfect Temp 3200. It made it onto to a bunch of lists so hard off to the wifey!

[​IMG]

6. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Don't think I've ever gotten a pic with my lowly Bugout. Great lil' thin knife. :cool:

IMG_3780.jpg

Cool! :thumbsup:

7. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Got something in the mail today!
    Thank you!
    The knife is new as well.
    Good week...so far.:cool:
    [​IMG]

Monofletch likes this.
  8. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    How do you like that CKF?

9. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    My favorite local NYC spot! I gotta say I prefer their blend to most other places on most days.

Half my team at work is from Beijing, China so today I brought in a treat for them. This one is nicknamed a cow tongue in Cantonese. It's a fried crueller that's insane dipped in your morning cup!

Notice the CRKT, no auto lawks! Took me 6 months to find one...I wasn't sure if they still made these without it so I found one on the bay. They need to make this thing in a better steel! It's pretty similar to the Zinker Dogtooth!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 9:40 AM
  10. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    It's a 4" bladed light saber.
    Love it.

11. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Nice. I am after a CKF Specter now!

12. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    Spectra?
    Holt makes the Specter I believe.

13. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    CKF has a version of it this year

14. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    Holt Specter and the CKF Spectra are very different.
    The Spectra looks a lot like a Heretic Martyr and Microtech Stitch.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:21 AM
  15. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    ^You guys always have great tastes in knives! It makes me wonder too, if any of the cast or prop people from the Walking Dead are lurkers here on BF! Do any of those dudes just randomly grab a Busse for the weekend's camping trip and then casually brings the knife back to the set on Monday? Lol.

16. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    So my wife wakes me up this morning... "I did something really stupid." :eek: What, I ask??? o_O

"I poured water into the coffee grinder." :eek: :mad: :thumbsdown: :poop: (Baratza Virtuoso)

Yeah. o_O :rolleyes: She unplugged it right away, thankfully. Just spent the past 2 1/2 hours taking the thing completely apart, cleaning it, and drying everything off. What a friggin' mess. At least it still works. *Sigh*

17. Barman1

Jun 21, 2013
    Ouch!
    That's one thing I haven't done yet.
    My usual morning error is dumping fresh ground coffee into my preheated coffee mug rather than the Aeropress.:rolleyes:
    That wet mug pretty much ensures I have to wash everything down the drain and start over.
    Not optimal for my morning mood.:mad:
    At least it's only 20 grams or so.

18. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah, she wasn't thinking too clearly yet, obviously. Last time something like this happened she forgot to dump the pre-heat water out of the thermal carafe, and pretty much brewed a whole pot onto the counter top and floor. She got to clean up that mess... ;)

This is why I don't brew a pot right after getting out of bed. She didn't have that excuse, she had already taken my oldest to school. o_O I'm just glad it didn't wreck the thing. Yes, it was a royal PITA to clean up, but it still works.

19. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    I've sadly done that! I once poured water into my container of creamer! My order of operations was all messed up.

***EDIT, must be a sign of getting old. lol.

20. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well on the bright side, it's nice and clean now.:)

Glad you were able to save it.:thumbsup: