Coffee

Happy birthday to both of you, must have been kind of a bummer when younger having your birthdays closer to Xmas.:eek:
Tell me about it. Even worse, I'm an only child with no cousins... yet I still got the "here, this is for your birthday and Christmas" gifts. You cheapskates got no one else to buy for all year and you're still shortchanging me?!?! Lol

My oldest son got it worse though. He's 12/29.

Last edited:
This thread has contributed to me branching out from crappy coffee choices into some amazing new brews. Pretty eye opening when you have a great new coffee after drinking “good enough” for so long.

Tell me about it. Even worse, I'm an only child with no cousins... yet I still got the "here, this is for your birthday and Christmas" gifts. You cheapskates got no one else to buy for all year and you're still shortchanging me?!?! Lol

My oldest son got it worse though. He's 12/29.

I have a lot of cousins, so we always did the birthdays at our Thanksgiving party. That spaced it out a little. Being an only child myself probably made it a little easier as a kid. I think it would have been tougher to have a sibling get presents at two separate times of the year.

What's really weird is that I also have an immediate family member with the same birthday as your son! I had the exact same thought about that date being even worse because it's between two holidays and people already have a lot of parties to go to then.

Anyway, I opened my package tonight after getting home. The coffee smells fantastic and it's hard to beat a Griptilian. I had been thinking about getting one and having some custom scales made, so maybe this will push me over the edge to finally do that.

Thanks again Taylortat Taylortat !! Good luck on the hunting trip.

I have a lot of cousins, so we always did the birthdays at our Thanksgiving party. That spaced it out a little. Being an only child myself probably made it a little easier as a kid. I think it would have been tougher to have a sibling get presents at two separate times of the year.

What's really weird is that I also have an immediate family member with the same birthday as your son! I had the exact same thought about that date being even worse because it's between two holidays and people already have a lot of parties to go to then.

Anyway, I opened my package tonight after getting home. The coffee smells fantastic and it's hard to beat a Griptilian. I had been thinking about getting one and having some custom scales made, so maybe this will push me over the edge to finally do that.

I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to show some pictures with the new scales when you get them.

What happened to the “secret” part? Lol

I know that Starbucks is not a fan favorite here but the Thanksgiving Blend is one of my favorites.

8GHd1PM.jpg

Starbucks single origins and the holiday blends are a go to for me! Really glad seeing you guys send out some thoughtful micro-sourced beans roasted by local spots! I think for the coffee nuts this bit really adds to the fun!

I know that Starbucks is not a fan favorite here but the Thanksgiving Blend is one of my favorites.
Starbucks is still better than a lot of stuff out there. I would just rather buy from a local roaster given the opportunity and we are fortunate to have quite a few around here.

Really glad seeing you guys send out some thoughtful micro-sourced beans roasted by local spots! I think for the coffee nuts this bit really adds to the fun!
Definitely. I posted it on Instagram also and tagged Picacho in the pic. Turns out he is originally from St Louis, too. Strange coincidence.

I tried some of the Brazil, Minas Gerais this morning and it was really good!

Back