Coffee

Jeff,
My coffee drinking does not change through out the year. Only the types of beans.
U-H. (in Iowa)
P.S. Yeti tumbler also..

Last edited:
Never have been and never will be a coffee drinker, so bear with me.

Do most of you folks back off on hot coffee during the summer months? Is it mostly just a morning thing?

I'm an Inventory Analyst. I have to go down to the receiving dept when we have problems with loading or unloading trucks. It's been a hot summer here in MI. The last few weeks have been 90+ degrees. I've been working 2nd shift (3pm to midnight). I see folks in receiving drinking hot coffee all day long. I know the caffeine is probably reason for drinking it but drinking a cup of hot liquid at 3pm when it's 95 out? Yuck!
It’s hot and humid here in St. Louis. My Yetti tumbler gets filled the same every day - all year.
I do start switching my carry knives in the Summer. I am soaked with sweat all day so I choose accordingly.

I definitely drink less hot coffee during the summer. I do drink more iced though. If I'm going to be in AC, then hot coffee is fine but I don't take it with me to work once it gets really hot outside.

I'm pretty much the same as Danny, except if I have coffee later in the day, I prefer it to be iced coffee if it is hot outside. But my first cup of the day has to be hot coffee.

UPS sucks sometimes. I should have had my Iron Bean order NLT yesterday, but nothing. Tracking was silent. It finally showed up locally this morning and is out for delivery now at least, but wow, took an entire week to get from Ohio to CA (today is day 8... I ordered on Sunday 7/19 and it shipped Monday 7/20). o_O :rolleyes:

Iron Bean order finally made it in today, at nearly 10pm... o_O I had given up on it showing until tomorrow. :rolleyes:

IMG_2078.JPG

They threw in a small bag of Ride or Die, which is awesome, because I was telling my buddy about it and he wanted to try it. Perfect! :D

I'm leery of this Unicorn. :eek: I think it's Carrot Cake flavored, not sure how it's going to brew up. I like carrot cake, but I'm usually not a big fan of flavored coffee, and was really hoping I'd get something that wasn't flavored. That's gambling for you.

I also got this GIANT Iron Bean window decal that's not in the photo, because it's on a 9"x12" piece of transfer paper. Gots to figures out wheres I'm goings to puts it...

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak That decal will fit on my morning coffee mug!!
Last month was extreme blueberry and as much as I hate flavored coffee I reordered it twice!! So you never know!

I'm looking for something..

Not extremely expensive
Lots of caffeine
Taste... meh. Dont really care
Preground
Not really into folgers anymore

Any recommendations?

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak That decal will fit on my morning coffee mug!!
Last month was extreme blueberry and as much as I hate flavored coffee I reordered it twice!! So you never know!

I could maybe do the blueberry. I'm not sure about this though. I'll try a small batch after work today.

Not extremely expensive
Lots of caffeine
Preground

Any recommendations?

Look at the Iron Bean "Fierce" (like the K-cups I have above). Can get it whole bean and ground. ~$18/lb. Free shipping if you spend more than $50, $7 otherwise.

Alternately, Death Wish, or Black Rifle's "CAF". Both of these can be had from Amazon. The Iron Bean Fierce can be had from Amazon at times as well.

ETA - linky added

Last edited:

Not extremely expensive
Lots of caffeine
Preground

Any recommendations?
Iron Bean also offers the GovX discount for military and veterans if that helps. I believe it’s 20%
Most lighter roasted coffee will have more caffeine.

Iron Bean also offers the GovX discount for military and veterans if that helps. I believe it’s 20%
Most lighter roasted coffee will have more caffeine.
The three coffees I mentioned all have a bit of Robusta in them, upping the caffeine content pretty significantly. :thumbsup: Not always my bag, baby, but sometimes one needs a little kick in the butt. ;)

I buy as freshly roasted beans as I can find. I prefer a dark roast. I then keep them in a vacuum storage container, and scoop out what I need each morning into a burr grinder and use a drip coffee maker that gets the water up to the right temperature. And that's the way I like it.

I buy as freshly roasted beans as I can find. I prefer a dark roast. I then keep them in a vacuum storage container, and scoop out what I need each morning into a burr grinder and use a drip coffee maker that gets the water up to the right temperature. And that's the way I like it.
Perfect! :thumbsup: Better than what 99% of folks are doing. :cool:

(If you want to take it a step further, you can roast your own coffee at home pretty easily. A number of us on this thread do. ;))

Perfect! :thumbsup: Better than what 99% of folks are doing. :cool:

(If you want to take it a step further, you can roast your own coffee at home pretty easily. A number of us on this thread do. ;))

But if I did that I would not be able to say to my wife, "You think I'm bad, honey, some guys actually roast their own green coffee beans."

:)

But if I did that I would not be able to say to my wife, "You think I'm bad, honey, some guys actually roast their own green coffee beans."

lol

Does she like coffee too? The results are pretty hard to argue with, she'd likely give you a free pass if she's a coffee drinker.

Dang it...ok, let me know where I can find these "roast your own" threads to read.
Some info in this one right here. I started a home-roasting thread here on BF awhile back, let me look for the link. Back in a minute.

ETA - I could have sworn I made a thread, but don't see one. Here's some good info in this post of mine:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...relies-on-coffee.1001421/page-6#post-12641322

That's also a good thread to read through for some info. Otherwise, do some "home-roast" searches in this thread. I posted a few pics on the previous page of this thread showing my buddy's home-roasting setup.

Last edited:
Hmm. Fred at Iron Bean says he thinks I have the new Blueberry Cinammon Crumble flavored coffee... Interesting.

Back