Coffee

View attachment 1428674 First time trying and using one last nite. Worked pretty well
I have and use an Aeropress, too, as I'm the only person here who drinks coffee. I have been very pleased with it. I grind beans (usually Kenya AA or Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from a local roaster) in my burr grinder for each cup.

Anything other that single cups is a waste for me.

So, I also have and use a Nespresso machine. I had a K-cup machine, but I like the Nespresso espresso so much better. I have tried a lot of different capsules, but currrently I am using L'OR capsules as they are the best I have found for the money. However I'm always on the lookout for good tasting low-price capsules for my Nespresso machine. Any recommendations?

I have and use an Aeropress, too, as I'm the only person here who drinks coffee. I have been very pleased with it. I grind beans (usually Kenya AA or Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from a local roaster) in my burr grinder for each cup.

Anything other that single cups is a waste for me.

So, I also have and use a Nespresso machine. I had a K-cup machine, but I like the Nespresso espresso so much better. I have tried a lot of different capsules, but currrently I am using L'OR capsules as they are the best I have found for the money. However I'm always on the lookout for good tasting low-price capsules for my Nespresso machine. Any recommendations?
I’ve never had a Nespresso machine so I really can’t be much help. I have been pleased with the Aeropress. I only use it on days I’m not working tho. I take a big tumbler of coffee with me to work

The wife ordered some more beans from Brooklyn Roasting Co.:Mexico Oaxaca, Peru Sol y Cafe and Brazil Santana Da Vargem. Haven't tried the latter 2 so I'm excited to see how they fare. It's a nice break from our usual mix of Starbucks single origins which all pretty much taste the same which is to say not bad but nothing out of the ordinary.

dannyp dannyp Yea the auto drip. I’ve never really had a problem with the taste of hot black coffee but I really enjoy the cold brew. I’ve only ever used cheap auto drip makers so I don’t know any difference. Never tried adding hot water in it tho. To me it’s just extremely smooth with ice

I wouldn’t mind trying some of the manual methods tho. It wouldn’t bother me any with a little extra work in the morning. I’m usually up at 430-5am and ready to go, before coffee. Just always have been a morning person.
I'm pretty lazy in the a.m. and almost always use a drip maker. It's a frech press, aeropress or vietnamese drip otherwise but rare.

My wife loves coffee too and she ordered us a Cuisinart PerfecTemp. It was rated high for consistent brew temp over time and ive confirmed it with a thermometer. The best thing is they are less than $99 with a coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond!

There are more and more drippers getting that temp thing down. That Redline MK1 is one I have been after for a while. Although I have used and abused my Ninja and it’s still going strong!!

I'm pretty lazy in the a.m. and almost always use a drip maker. It's a frech press, aeropress or vietnamese drip otherwise but rare.

My wife loves coffee too and she ordered us a Cuisinart PerfecTemp. It was rated high for consistent brew temp over time and ive confirmed it with a thermometer. The best thing is they are less than $99 with a coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond!
I may look into that. I’m pretty cheap tho :D The Aeropress has worked pretty good on days I’m not working for just single cups. I think my wife found it at some bargain bin for little of nothing

I may look into that. I’m pretty cheap tho :D The Aeropress has worked pretty good on days I’m not working for just single cups. I think my wife found it at some bargain bin for little of nothing
I might be blasphemous right now, but I've been to coffee cuppings to try out coffees, I've been to a few coffee plantations as well. But tbh I don't have the most sophisticated coffee palate.

I tend to go for some African coffees when I want light and fruity and Latin American coffees for that more nutty chocolatey flavor. I enjoy the nuances but can't say that I remember one over the other over time. And over time, even my favorite spots get supplanted by something new and different for me.

I know that I can't drink a Starbucks beverage yet brewing their beans at home are a go to for me and I had a Mr. Coffee that died before my wife got the Cuisinart and my brews generally tasted the same afterwards at least in my head. That said I still really enjoy coffee! Gotta have my 3 cups a day! And an espresso if we go out for dinner!

Mail call!

44lRgEV.jpg

I have a Barsetto espresso maker and it makes close to professional level espresso, and steams the milk like a professional machine as well, though a little slower. I've tried and looked at other home "espresso" machines, and they dont usually even come close. I'm picky as I used to work as a barista. I got this one off Amazon a year ago, and it still works like new.

I used to have a Jura Capresso S7 superauto and it was sweet. This is the current model.

71Mk4HxmJ-L._AC_SL1500_Smallest.jpg

That was close to my local coffee shop. Very close. But I gave it up a few years ago when I went to the home office set up.

Aeropress all the way here. My wife and I have been using it exclusively for the last year or so, save for the occasional Bialetti shot.
Aeropress seemed like a gimmicky toy at first but once I brewed two cups with it I was sold. Fantastic!

Cheers

I like the Aeropress when I camp. I have a campfire percolator but it is always super weak coffee. I haven’t mastered it yet. So the Aeropress is my back up!

I had one of those and never used it!!! I wasn’t in to coffee like I am now. It’s a damn shame..... I know!!

Back