Cohutta Model Specs

Thanks MTBmonkey MTBmonkey
It looks like it wants to be in the woods. Can anyone talk on the differences between the Mountain Town and the Bush Hermit handles & height and blade heights?
Here is a Cohutta Mountaintown between 2 Fiddleback Forge Bush Hermits. The differences are maybe subtle in the pics, but in your hand the Hermit feels fuller. There is a little more belly in the handle and because the curve of the swell sits a little further back on the Hermit, it makes a noticeable difference and just feels thicker. The MT thins more toward the butt. Both are ROCK STAR designs in my opinion and you wouldn't want to put either of them down, trust me! As you can see, blades are really similar and vary slightly even within each model, but the MT is a little slimmer. I can't attest to any hard work with these three yet as you can see, but... I plan too.:D They are WAY too clean and purdy LOL and need a little dirt and a few scars IMO. Hope that helps?!
2fghxNJ.jpg

e9gkNhA.jpg

Last edited:
Nice trio! Thanks that does help and it looks like some of my concerns about the Bush Hermit handle might be addressed in the Mountaintown. To me the Bush Hermit handle felt like a very specialized wood processing beast. That is a great thing for most but for me it was just a little tall which did not always feel like what I am used to in different grip positions. My primary uses are probably not where it's strengths lie. The Mountaintown might just lean more in the all around feel that I am hunting for. Could just be that the Larger grip would feel normal after a while because I am coming from smaller knives, who knows. In the end if I can find that one compromise 4" knife that has the perfect balance I will be overjoyed. I doubt it though because it is nice to be using the right tool best suited for the task it was made for.

Just wanted to point out that C Cohutta has had a flood of inspiration lately and created five new models in the past two months. They are:
  • B&T
  • Mountaintown Jr.
  • Ridge Runner
  • Talona
  • Tioga
Specs can be found in the first post of this thread and here. A few of these can already be seen in the COHUTTA PICS thread too.

Let's pick a central location*, meet up with All The Models, and make informed choices, exhaustive wish lists, and mutually thrilling exchanges.

Who's in?!

~ P.

*central to me, of course, because I said it first.

I'd rather cut my finger off or stab myself in the eye with a stick, than be around that good for nut'n city slicker C Cohutta

I think the full-sized Cohutta Strebig just bumped my desire for a Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger. It looks like the Strebig has less height but I'd like to confirm. 1/4" or so difference in blade length from the specs.

If anyone reading this has a comparison pic showing both I would appreciate it very much. Or just the respective blade's heights.Thanks.

I think the full-sized Cohutta Strebig just bumped my desire for a Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger. It looks like the Strebig has less height but I'd like to confirm. 1/4" or so difference in blade length from the specs.

If anyone reading this has a comparison pic showing both I would appreciate it very much. Or just the respective blade's heights.Thanks.
I can help out with this request. DM sent.

Choppaman, all of your knives look fantastic. All three sizes of Strebigs are pretty cool all lined up together. Russell emailed right away so I'll have a full-sized Strebig in my hands sometime early in the new year. He showed me a half dozen scale blanks that all looked great. So I asked him to surprise me. I'll surely post pics here when it's done. I am psyched.

Thanks again!

Choppaman, all of your knives look fantastic. All three sizes of Strebigs are pretty cool all lined up together. Russell emailed right away so I'll have a full-sized Strebig in my hands sometime early in the new year. He showed me a half dozen scale blanks that all looked great. So I asked him to surprise me. I'll surely post pics here when it's done. I am psyched.

Thanks again!
Even more exciting! :) Makers choice! C Cohutta won't steer ya wrong!!! Happy Holidays my friend. Looking forward to those pics!! :thumbsup:

They are priced well. I may order one, but Olde Town description doesn’t give liner description. Big teasers with no pics.

We are flooded here in Tennessee. Stuck in the house. I’m buying something this weekend. Leaning toward a Cummings Trailmaster this morning.

They are priced well. I may order one, but Olde Town description doesn’t give liner description. Big teasers with no pics.

We are flooded here in Tennessee. Stuck in the house. I’m buying something this weekend. Leaning toward a Cummings Trailmaster this morning.
No liners on the puukkos unless it’s a request. The green and natural canvas above are two of the three at Olde Towne, the other is natural canvas with Scandi grind

Check out the updated original post or click here for that sortable list. Quite a number of new models have been added, and the page at that link now includes the ability to see a larger image of the knife by clicking on the scaled image. I don't yet have the larger image for all models; it really depends on the original photo I had to work with and whether it was a sufficient size.

Check out the updated original post or click here for that sortable list. Quite a number of new models have been added, and the page at that link now includes the ability to see a larger image of the knife by clicking on the scaled image. I don't yet have the larger image for all models; it really depends on the original photo I had to work with and whether it was a sufficient size.
Hey Robbie! I'll shoot you a pic of the Finch for your updates cohutta model page and also one of the Bowie model. In a short bit I'll be able to get you a Mini Alaculsy pic as well. Didn't see that one on your chart.

EDIT: see that you have the small Alaculsy listed. I was looking for mini. o_O

Back