Cohutta survival test

Bmurray

Gold Member
Just wanted to see how this knife by @Cohutta would hold up to an abusive blade survival test. Since Russell apprenticed under Andy, I was worried about tip failure.

Do not do this unless you don't care about your knives
I stabbed it in the material, twisted and was prying sideways. To my complete surprise it held up without breakage. Also it was able to shave hair after a super abrasive slicing test. Decent job for a Chinese made knife.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bob, for your service to this community. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It’s good to know I can carry my Cohutta’s with confidence and in the knowledge that they will hold up to most anything - without subjecting my own to this kind of torture test. :D

LOL severe testing there should have a more legal based disclaimer attached in small print.

I use my fixed blades almost daily outdoors at work, however I see no reason to abuse them beyond doing the task I need done. Then I clean them, oil them and put away so they will be in great condition for the next round of real world use.

I’ve watched people try to destroy gear online YouTube that’s just not my cup of tea. In my training we were taught not to risk damaging your survival gear if it’s questionable and you don’t have a replacement don’t do it.

Back