Cold Steel Air Lite Thoughts?

You can disagree that it’s “ruined by cheap execution”. Well i can agree to disagree. If you love your prolite as it is and there’s no room for improvement, good for you.

I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was genuinely perplexed by what it was that you and BMCGear wanted out of an "upscale" Pro Lite/Working Man that isn't present on the Air Lite. I was also confused by the concept of an inexpensive, FRN-handled knife being "ruined" by cheap execution.

Do you even own an Air lite? Sounds like you don’t.

I don't have an Air Lite, so I can't do a side-by-side.

I don't have a dog in this fight. What other people choose to spend their money on doesn't affect me. I realize the thread is about the Air Lite. I merely suggested that the Working Man might be viable for those who were complaining that the Air Lite's handles are too thin.

So I’m not sure what you are using to compare and come up with the conclusion that they are identical to the prolite?

I own 4 prolite and 2 airlite, but im sure it’s just my poor eyesight.

Yeah, I can't imagine how I would have drawn a comparison between the Air Lite and the Working Man/Pro Lite. Whatever was I thinking?

IMG-9814.jpg

IMG-9813.jpg

IMG-9815.jpg

IMG-9817.jpg

IMG-9810.jpg
IMG-9812.jpg

-Steve

As you'll find, the Air Lite is not as slicey as say a Spyderco Delica, but Cold Steel has generally always preferred strength over pure cutting ability.

I like mine, especially for the slimness. But I don't use it hard for extended periods. For urban EDC applications, it's very good.

And better if you get it modded, but that will literally more than double the price.

S1rFPsA.jpg

As you'll find, the Air Lite is not as slicey as say a Spyderco Delica, but Cold Steel has generally always preferred strength over pure cutting ability.

I like mine, especially for the slimness. But I don't use it hard for extended periods. For urban EDC applications, it's very good.

And better if you get it modded, but that will literally more than double the price.

S1rFPsA.jpg
May I ask where/who did the mod?

I want to send mine out for that mod.

May I ask where/who did the mod?

I want to send mine out for that mod.

The guy is only on youtube and instagram. You'll have to go to instagram and message him: @bj.hill.7
He's a good guy but he's getting REALLY busy with mods.

My thoughts:
I expected smaller version of Broken Skull. The blade is thick, the grind is thick, the edge grid is uneven (common problem in CS knives). The handle is thin, uncomfortable and too thin comparing to the blade. The plastic backspacer looks and feels cheap, is not even with the handle. The action is gritty and genrally poor.
I am not even going to tinker with it, I will just return it and stick with a Broken Skull.
And the price... it is a joke comparing to Broken Skull, for example.

S1rFPsA.jpg
dig on that. nicely done there. how's the hole sit in relation to scales when blade is closed?

dig on that. nicely done there. how's the hole sit in relation to scales when blade is closed?

9zUsVPE.jpg

He actually relieved the "angular" factory G10 cutout and made it rounded. Opening it is just like a regular Spydie. I do wish Cold Steel did a much thinner flat grind like the Voyager series, but it's still pretty good.

9zUsVPE.jpg

He actually relieved the "angular" factory G10 cutout and made it rounded. Opening it is just like a regular Spydie. I do wish Cold Steel did a much thinner flat grind like the Voyager series, but it's still pretty good.
thanks. looks great.

9zUsVPE.jpg

Very nice work on the scales as well as the blade.
No wonder the price of the knife doubled.

Back