Cold Steel Boar Spear saves woman's life

Nope.

The name may be synonymous, or not, as may be the words flail and morning star. But you are broadly speaking incorrect.

The morning star refers to the spiked ball itself. There are morning star maces and morninf star flails.

well I'll be darned I always thought as Pilsner did but
https://www.publicmedievalist.com/curious-case-weapon-didnt-exist/

That has been argued by others who have found historical evidence that the claim it did not exist is false. I don’t know I have heard both sides.

The morning star refers to the spiked ball itself. There are morning star maces and morninf star flails.

That has been argued by others who have found historical evidence that the claim it did not exist is false. I don’t know I have heard both sides.
Not this again! ;) I am quite prepared to accept that I was wrong, based on what scant evidence exists.

Don’t matter the breed of dog, how big, or how well trained. It will help defend you from a Mountain Lion as well as a newborn baby could. A stiff fart may be more useful.
Good pack of hunting dogs will tree or otherwise bring to bay most animals . Dogs are pack hunters and that's how they do their best work .

And all this has to do with knives how exactly? :confused:
Comparing the efficacy of blade vs canine in SD against wildlife attacks ? How they can be used in a synergistic fashion for the optimal outcome ? This should be in Prac/tac . :confused:

So should this, then.
Taken out of context . Responding to another's post equating a dog's SD value to a fart . I thought that was unfair , even if sometimes true . Not sure how this is helping stay on topic . Am I the new topic ? Rather not be . o_O

On topic again : The CS Boar Spear is probably a very effective weapon in skilled hands , but you could have problems legally /socially trying to carry it around most places . Be easier to have a small pack of personal defense dogs .

fishface5, close, but it must be a pack of dogs. ;) Actually, if it (a good sized dog) is not right there with you for the twin intimidation, a pack IS necessary. :thumbsup: You are correct, however, Boar spear + dog does = formidable combo. :cool: (Tried to quote you, not the first time I've tried this and can't figure it out; how sad :( :oops:)

Last edited:
Do you have a problem with mountain cats ? or with CS Boar Spears ?

I’d say that a Spear is the most instinctual weapon, in human history. I don’t think you would have to log much time at all, in order to effectively use a spear, defensively, against an animal attack.

Just be an average man, of average strength and coordination.
Taken out of context . Responding to another's post equating a dog's SD value to a fart . I thought that was unfair , even if sometimes true . Not sure how this is helping stay on topic . Am I the new topic ? Rather not be . o_O

On topic again : The CS Boar Spear is probably a very effective weapon in skilled hands , but you could have problems legally /socially trying to carry it around most places . Be easier to have a small pack of personal defense dogs .

Moral of the story since Canada has strict gun regulations the dudes wife would of been maimed and likely killed without access to a cold steel spear.

I’d say that a Spear is the most instinctual weapon, in human history. I don’t think you would have to log much time at all, in order to effectively use a spear, defensively, against an animal attack.

Just be an average man, of average strength and coordination.
Having to defend against a bear , using only a spear , I would hate to rely solely upon "instinct " . I would want to be as well practiced , reflexive and familiar with the weapon and it's best use as possible . An untrained person is just as likely to freeze up or be trying to think instead of just doing automatically a trained/drilled reflex . YMMV ! :)

Back