Cold Steel Bushman whatcha think?

I have yet another question. What do you think of the bushman? I just got one and I like the feel but how well does it work? Many thanks in advance.

------------------
Concentration, patience, and practice always lead to success.

Tough as a rock, easy to sharpen, cheap to own! This knife has a "cult" folowing on this forum for good reason. Many of us have a Bushman under the car or RV seat (law allowing),or in a survival kit kept handy.It fills the need for a cheap indestructable utility knife with a decent edge.You might as well use it, because you can't hurt it very much!
wink.gif

------------------
AKTI Member #A000934
"Always just one knife short of perfection!"

Hey just finished sharpening it (didn't come sharp oh well)and dang that's nice
smile.gif
. One other question how do I store stuff in the handle?

------------------
Concentration, patience, and practice always lead to success.

I did a test on mine a while back, you'll probably find it with a search. The topic was something like "Kill a bushman...fun stuff" I didn't post the original so my name won't work. Basically, a very good, cheap knife. It's not as strong as say the SRK, but it's not too bad. I used two trimmed wine corks to store stuff. It's difficult to get watertight but possible with plastic dip.

James

------------------
All knives are created equal, then i get my dirty big hands on them and the real fun begins.

I have skinned large game with the Bushman, and have no complaints. It is easy to sharpen, yet will hold a descent edge. A very afordable survival knife.

------------------
It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels he is worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.

August 14, 1862 Abraham Lincon

Originally posted by Mykl Clark:
I have yet another question. What do you think of the bushman? I just got one and I like the feel but how well does it work? Many thanks in advance.

I have used a shaped piece of wood to seal of the handle. It also was fun to try and a spear shaft for it. At this low price it is fun to play around with.
But nevertheless it is a lot of knife for the money

It slices great. My dad used mine to cut fibreglass insulation and it zipped through that stuff no problem. The first thing I did when I got mine, after sharpening it, was to stick a handle in it and chuck it. Boy was that fun!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Come What May..."

Hey Guys...

For under $20.00 the CS Bushman is a heck of a blade. Nice knife for keeping around the house or in the garage for hacking up stuff.

BTW if anyone is interested I have Concealex sheaths for the bushman now...
Drop me a note if you are interested..

ttyle Eric...

------------------
Eric E. Noeldechen
On/Scene Tactical
http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel
Custom made, High Quality
Concealex Sheaths and Tool Holsters
Canada's Only Custom Concealex Shop!

I have one for a three months and it's a good deal for the price.
I don't carry about to destroy them. Funny to throw it. The round handle is not so comfortable and black coating scratch easy.
A blade tempered to 54 Rc is easy to resharpen on some flat stone anywhere (but often).

Super bang for the buck

------------------
The thorn stands to defend the Rose, yet it is peaceful and does not seek conflict

Well, what else is there to say?? I do rekl'mnd Eric rigs, however. I Got a CR Aviator setup of his and it is first rate!

Watch the rust, keep it sharp, and try tennis-racket grip material around the handle...it works for me!

Steve in NYC!

Hey Dan...

Thanks Much..
The Concealex definately improves the knife 100%, and makes it a lot more enjoyable to carry...

Chiro...
Got one sitting here for you...
Drop me a note...

ttyle Eric...

------------------
Eric E. Noeldechen
On/Scene Tactical
http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel
Custom made, High Quality
Concealex Sheaths and Tool Holsters
Canada's Only Custom Concealex Shop!

Wow thanks for more great input. I'm really surprised at this topics second coming since it got buried sometime in Apr. thanks again

Back