• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Cold Steel Extra-Large Voyager as primary backup?

Recently i bought a Cold Steel Extra-Large voyager(clip point)...i came to take a look to see if there were any opinions on the cold steel voyager..but i failed to see any topics on the voyager...has anybody used the knife, and if so how did it fare? Secondly, what do you people think of the Voyager as a primary defensive weapon?? the product code is CS-29XC

"Speed Is Life",IMHO,if you can deploy it fast enough,it may be adequate for SD.But I can't open it fast enough,especially compared with my Wayne Goddard Ltw and Wegner
when wearing gloves.
Just curious,is it legal to carry such a knife in your country?

Initially i thought the voyager would be slow to open, however, i found that it was easy using the wrist flick method(holding the handle with the back of the blade towards you, and doing a 180' wrist flick.
by the way, it is illegal to carry a knife around in singapore no matter how small/big your blade is..our government is damned strict about this, but so far i haven't been arrested ..

Back