cold steel FGX karambit

it is a plastic knife.
Doesnt look like a very sturdy shape for a plastic knife, I would think a dagger shape is more functional.

ayz

it's worthless unless you like to pretend you are in boondock saints and conceal carry into a courthouse

I'm sure you could give someone a nasty poke with that thing. But why bother with it, when metal is so much better?

Danzz said:
I'm sure you could give someone a nasty poke with that thing. But why bother with it, when metal is so much better?

well sure, but how do you expect to get a big metal kerambit on an airplane?

HoB

And why would you want to take a Karambit onto an airplane? :rolleyes: Not to mention that it is HIGHLY illegal...:jerkit:

HoB said:
And why would you want to take a Karambit onto an airplane? :rolleyes: Not to mention that it is HIGHLY illegal...:jerkit:

that was sarcasm.

Lighten up a little.

ayz

ginshun said:
well sure, but how do you expect to get a big metal kerambit on an airplane?

i would like to see you try to get the cs fgx on an airplane and see what happens

stop pretending to be secret agent man.

Honnestly I would like to have one only because they look great. I don't even see why they make knives that can't be detected. Can only end up bad.

ayzianboy said:
i would like to see you try to get the cs fgx on an airplane and see what happens
I bet I could do it.
But before I try it and document the experience for your edification, I want a promise from everyone here to pay any legal expenses that might be incurred by the experience :D

those knives can be detected if the airport uses backscatter technology. walking through a metal detector only you'd be OK. Unless you get popped with a random search. As long as you're not a minority you prolly won't get searched.

Danzz said:
I bet I could do it.
But before I try it and document the experience for your edification, I want a promise from everyone here to pay any legal expenses that might be incurred by the experience :D

Actually, there's more to x-ray machines than just a TV screen. There's some very 'smart' shape recognition software which is looking for things like knives, dissassembled guns, ammunition, etc. Plastic knives don't show up very well on X-ray machines, but they DO show up.

Moral: Hide it in your a$$ and not your carry-on.

There are also "density detectors" being put in use which clearly show shape-- wood, plastic, glass, ceramic, graphite, doesn't matter as it all shows up clearly against a squishy human and any fabric draped over its body as well as what may be stuffed into a carry-on or the human. I don't believe it will be identified as a pencil. Also, if they can't see well into the carry-on because the radiation is blocked by something denser than what it is shielding, they open it and look. And I'm not saying whom, but many production "non-metallic" knives have a small strip of ferrous metal imbedded to thwart ne'er to wells.

So, if you decide to do it, let us know how it goes when you get e-mail privileges. Or hey, you could get lucky. ;)

I bought one just to use as a solo trainer. You could grind it down pretty easy to use as a trainer with a partner, just take the time to do a good job. Nothing sucks worse then sending a training partner to the hospital.