Off Topic Cold Steel gloves?

:eek: Just one little ZOMBIE bite , or even a drop of blood or spittle into an open cut or scratch ...! :confused:
yeah years of pounding and hanging ductwork has made my hands about puncture proof.:)

what do you use yours for?

yeah years of pounding and hanging ductwork has made my hands about puncture proof.:)

what do you use yours for?
Out of habit , mostly . Before I retired ,I had to wash and scrub my hands all day and wear rubber type gloves that kept moisture in . Even minor cuts just never heal . PITA . So I got used to wearing work gloves to protect my hands doing homestead chores and construction etc . Weirdly , I don't usually use gloves in martial arts except padded ones for sparring . But not for bag work , breaking , or weapons handling . I do wear them when sparring with my dogs . Mostly just medium thick all goatskin work gloves that I treat with a thick mink oil snow proofing stuff .

The zombie thing is not entirely a joke . Most cops now are very careful to not expose themselves to HIV , hepatitis etc. . Proper gloves can help . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

my apologies. i didnt mean to imply anyone was a wuss or weak or whatever ......its more just me never spending money on good gloves. so im uneducated and inexperienced on what can be done with good quality higher end gloves and how well they work. thanks for the feedback. appreciated.

my apologies. i didnt mean to imply anyone was a wuss or weak or whatever ......its more just me never spending money on good gloves. so im uneducated and inexperienced on what can be done with good quality higher end gloves and how well they work. thanks for the feedback. appreciated.
It's all in good fun my friend. As I get older I care more about saftey plus hell I love gear and such! No offense taken!

After I got all done crying , I felt much better . But thanks for caring ! ;)

I'm just learning about the higher tech stuff . Lots of it is beyond my present needs . More like gauntlets , with tough plastic layers over the backs and knuckles . Extreme sports or riot gear . Falling off your motorbike or 4 wheeler . :p

so what are y'all using your gloves for? ive always been a bare hander. whether mechanic work, metal or glass ductwork, yard work, grime work, shooting, fist fighting when i was younger, whatever. i never liked the feel of any gloves. course ive never had a good pair of gloves either so maybe im missing out all the advancements in them?

I work in the field of photography so I need to protect my hands from wear and tear when setting up lighting, grip and set construction. You only need to get a toothpick sized splinter or grab an exposed nail twice to learn the need for good gloves. I also sometimes work with hotlights which is the kind of lighting that is used in movie and tv productions which get hot enough to give you 2nd and 3rd degree burns. And my girlfriend likes soft hands too! ;)

Low_rez nails it, I paid my college bills working as a stagehand. It was all independent contractor work, and if you hurt your hands you couldn't work. No work meant no pay, and that hurt everything else. I would get grief from the grizzled elders about my gloves, but I would give it right back when they needed to borrow my tweezers to pick splinters or someone had to move a hot light. And now that my only physical labor comes from hobbies and chores, as long as I keep my calluses sanded down I get to help my wife put on her lotion. Life is good!

Yard work, working on my car, things like that. Beats skinned knuckles, burns, and assorted scrapes and punctures of the hands. I also throw on a pair of Mechanix M-Pact gloves (reinforced palms) when I jump on my bicycle to get some exercise. Having taken the skin off my palms in bicycle crashes several times as a kid, I don't care to repeat the process nowadays. :(:D

Yard work, working on my car, things like that. Beats skinned knuckles, burns, and assorted scrapes and punctures of the hands. I also throw on a pair of Mechanix M-Pact gloves (reinforced palms) when I jump on my bicycle to get some exercise. Having taken the skin off my palms in bicycle crashes several times as a kid, I don't care to repeat the process nowadays. :(:D
:) Your last sentence instantly took me back 50 or 60 yrs , to a particularly nasty spill onto a gravel road involving both hands and face planted and sliding .:eek: We were doing "wheelies" ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I shot straight over the handle bars. Nobody had any kind of helmet or pads back then , let alone gloves . Worst road rash I ever had . Good times .:rolleyes:

Back