Cold Steel machete identification help

For those who remember, my father-in-law handed down suitcases filled with various weaponry, and I am still finding boxes. Can anyone help me with these two machetes.? I'm using the water bottle for reference for size.. I would like to know if you know anything about either of these machetes because I can't find anything online about them. I would also like to know what that might be on the upper one that looks like a shiny sticky substance and how to get it off? I don't see where I can attach the pictures, so I will post this question and then try to attach it in the comments.

The one with the label is a Kukri Machete (I'm sure you figured that out), I believe the other is an LTC (Light Terrain Chopper).

I know that some Cold Steel was made in different areas, making it more desirable. Are these anything special? Or from one of those decades that are hard to find now?

I know that some Cold Steel was made in different areas, making it more desirable. Are these anything special? Or from one of those decades that are hard to find now?
The one with the label is nothing special. The other one, if it is an LTC, is desirable. Are there any markings on it?

The one with the label is nothing special. The other one, if it is an LTC, is desirable. Are there any markings on it?
It says Cold Steel
Carbon V. U.S.A.
Do you have any idea what year it is? And what do you think that sticky stuff is on it if it was never used? It does not look used or sharpened.

Regarding the goo, start with rubbing alcohol. It's either some oil or other protective substance, or it's a residue from some packaging or other material which has degraded. Rubbing alcohol is harmless and removes most gooey stuff.

Back