Cold Steel Rapier

[video=youtube;iWmVd8krdmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmVd8krdmU[/video]

This is my take on the rapier, but honestly, this blade is super good and heavy, which is why I love it so much! Anyone can tell me how to make he grip abit less harsh for my palms?

For the grip I'd say wear a pair of gloves while using it. I'd say a pair of those thin deerskin work gloves available at most hardware stores would be fine. You could go with proper fencing gloves as well, but they tend to be much pricier.

For the grip I'd say wear a pair of gloves while using it. I'd say a pair of those thin deerskin work gloves available at most hardware stores would be fine. You could go with proper fencing gloves as well, but they tend to be much pricier.

Thanks! I had thought of that too, but was just thinking what I can do WITHOUT the gloves, haha..

Maybe some black electrical tape wrapped over the grip? Wouldn't look too good, but it should make the handle more comfy without gloves. The other option, of course, is to strip the wire and rayskin off the grip core and re-wrap it in some smooth leather, but that's a lot of work.

Back