1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Cold Steel SR-1 Lite Tanto - modified a little bit (reground and wave feature added)

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by mercano, Jan 18, 2021.

1. mercano

mercano

Nov 28, 2008
    Some time ago I met an amazingly skilled knifemaker from Poland (see: #Raptorarturknives). He is renowned not only for his attention to knifemaking details, but also for his dedication to create blades.of extreme cutting performance. So just before Christmas I asked him to regrind my Cold Steel SR-1 Lite Tanto folder to make it a better cutting tool.
    [​IMG]

The result was stunning as you can see in the photos (used with author's permission) below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm a great fan of folders equipped with the wave feature, so I had designed a simple part, which was later 3D printed, and then mounted on the top of the blade as pictured below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It works perfectly. So now I finally have a robust folder with a thick blade, although with great cutting performance and lightning fast deployment.:)

Wishing all of you a safe, healthy, and prosperous new year!

2. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    Looks like a very clean blade re-profiling.:thumbsup:

And nice work on the wave gadget :thumbsup:.

3. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Nice mod! The swedge is a nice touch, looks great!

4. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Looks great nice grinding on the blade, pretty sweet. That wave feature is slick as well.:thumbsup:

5. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas

Apr 2, 2020
    Very cool. Is your wave device metal?

6. mercano

mercano

Nov 28, 2008
    Thanks a lot.:)
    This wave gadget is entirely made of plastic by means of 3D printer.

7. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I like the tanto shape better in general, but that is a fantastic conversion and useful blade shape as well. thanks for sharing with us.