1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cold Steel Viking Axe

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by crossada, Mar 5, 2012.

1. crossada

crossada

May 16, 2004
    Anyone going to be getting a Viking Axe when they are released? I know from reading reviews Cold Steel's first attempt at these was a huge failure with quality control issues. Im trying to sort out the want vs. need right now:D
    http://www.coldsteel.com/vikingaxe.html

2. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    it's cool as hell, but the price tag kills it for me... i don't pay that much for CS gear

3. crossada

crossada

May 16, 2004
    It probably will be over $100 but I bet dealer pricing will be much better than CS's msrp.

4. ohen cepel

ohen cepel Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Would have to compare the specs to their battle ax first to see if it does anything for me. I have the battle ax and like it a lot. Not sure bigger would be any better for my current "Zombie needs".
    That price will also have to come down for me to even think about it.

5. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    when you say "cold steel battle axe" what precisely are you referring to?

that sounds interesting

6. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    I bought a CS Battle Axe around 2001 and it was horrible. The quality control... wasn't. The QC over there in Taiwan had to have been stoned out of their minds to have passed that thing. It turned me off buying anything Cold Steel for nearly a decade.

7. TheAznInvazn

TheAznInvazn

Jul 28, 2010
  8. longfletch27

longfletch27

Jul 30, 2009
    When is this badboy coming out? I thought it was getting released in early summer....Im ready to see some reviews:cool:

9. ljcsov

ljcsov

Mar 2, 2012
    Looks useless to me.

10. Double Ott

Double Ott

Jan 3, 2011
    Other than a $200 wall hanger, what are your plans for it?

11. cckw

cckw

May 24, 2008
    Threads like this remind me of a post elsewhere on this forum a couple years age went something like "Cold Steel: A California based marketing company who has chosen blades as their product"

12. Kai Winters

Kai Winters

Mar 16, 2012
    I call my "battleaxe" "hot tongue and cold shoulder"...my wife then hits me...hehehe...

13. Williams

Williams

Jul 12, 2010

14. Williams

Williams

Jul 12, 2010
    Would you be interested in selling it?