Collection....

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is my collection to date...you'll notice the Large wood inlay and the Mnandi missing in action, someday I hope to fill those voids!

G2

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,995
Gary, nice start ;)

You'll need a Mnandi. In fact, since I need a sheath for mine you'll get a good look at one soon...

Nice collection, Gary. Very nice!

May look like the city slicker cousin come to visit the country relatives when you add the Mnandi to the group. That Mnandi looks like its moving about 100 mph.

Thanks guys, you'll notice the polished blades show up darker, they are not black blades of course.

I'm very tempted to get the Mnandi, as it does look very nice!

G2

I thought you were this poo country boy trying to make ends meet by making sheaths. lol, my mistake!
You have more money wrapped up in Sebenzas then some small countries gross national product.

Jeff

Originally posted by JEFFREY
I thought you were this poo country boy trying to make ends meet by making sheaths. lol, my mistake!
You have more money wrapped up in Sebenzas then some small countries gross national product.
Jeff

Well maybe not quite more than some small countries but close! It's taken a long time and a lot of trading of my OTHER knives in order to build that collection. Part of the reason for the collection is so I can make it easier for those with Sebenzas not to have to send their knife off for a fit up, good reason eh? :)

The sheath work has certainly helped in getting some of these but most has come from previous knife sales as Sniperboy will attest to! I still miss that Balisong! It was sweet!

G2

Very nce, Gary. I could have had a collection like that if I hadn't wasted my time with lesser knives over the years.:( Oh well, live and learn.

Paul

Gary, Very nice collection. (James really scares me with the "Nice Start" comment though :D ).

Wait 'till you get you hands on a Mnandi I think you will be thrilled.

Thanks Gus, yep that StJames is kinda scary eh? But he is probably on the right track!

I've posted one of my WhiteWing stag handled lockbacks with CPM-3V blade forsale in the forsale section in order to build up some funds for that Mnandi. It also comes with one of my right handed canted sheaths as well....I'll miss that but I'll be comforted by the Mnandi I suppose...;)

G2

CRKALL.JPG

<center><SIZE=4]Hi Uncle James ! ! !</center>

;)

G2

Sorry about the huge blurry picture, new camera, new forum software, stupid stagehand at the controls.

The knives are;

Left Hand Column;

Large Decorated
Small Decorated (First “Line Drive”, not CGG)
“Line Drive” CGG Umfaan
Large 1999 Dyed Maple Burl Inlay
Small 1999 Dyed California Buckeye Burl Inlay
Large 2000 California Buckeye Burl Inlay
Small 2000 California Buckeye Burl Inlay
Large 2001 Ebony Inlay
Small 2001 Ebony Inlay

Center Column;

Blue Zig-Zag Umfaan (Unique)
Blue Circles Umfaan (1 of appx. 40)
2000 Gold Coin with Kruggerand Inlay and Devlin Thomas Raindrop Damascus Blade (1095 and Nickel) (#19 of 20)
Chris Reeve Handmade Titanium Folder, D2 blade (#30 of appx. 35)
Handmade Sebenza #32
Gakulu Sebenza Prototype
Small New Style#170 (of 200 numbered)
Pre-Production Umfaan (#27 of 50)
Mnandi Second Generation Prototype
Large Plain
Small Plain
Umfaan Plain

Right Hand Column;

Large N.I.C.A. Tanto (1 of 400)
Small N.I.C.A. Tanto (1 of 400)
LDC-9 (#20 of 50)
LDC-109 (#20 of 50)
Large Millenium Classic (#20 of 50 numbered)
Small Millenium Classic (#20 of 50 numbered)
Mnandi (#020 of 200 numbered)
Small Old Style with ATS-34 blade
Small “Line Drive” Silver Contrast
Blue Circles Umfaan (1 of appx. 40)

Whoa... stjames, you got more sebenzas in your collection than any dealer I know. Looks like I've got a long way to catch up ;) You guys are right - once you handle the functional perfection of a sebenza you just wont settle for anything less.

Andrew Limsk
unrepentant Sebenzaholic

Yep. It beats my inventory. I just received a couple of small woods and a couple of flat grinds that brings it up to 29.

Very impressive James.

Back